MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance Manager for a major construction client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting/financial management and be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
To provide leadership, direction, and management in the financial and facility operations
- In collaboration with the President and CEO, Treasurer, Finance/Building Committee and Board of Directors formulate and implements annual financial strategies in support of operations and strategic plan.
- Oversees, coordinates, and prepares operating budgets, financial forecasts, and interim financial statements.
- Directs and monitors the daily operations of the Finance Associate and maintains the systems of internal accounting controls.
- Supervises Building Superintendent to maintain facilities and arrange for necessary repairs and improvements.
- Works with directors monitor annual department budgets.
- Monitors compliance with membership requirements.
- Provides staff support and leadership to the Finance/Building Committee for preparation of annual audit by external auditor.
- Serves as Administrator for employee benefits plans.
- Monitor’s performance and compliance of retirement, medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, and all other benefits
- Manages and directs cash flow and investment portfolio in conjunction with Finance/Building committee, board, and CEO.
- Assists in writing grant budgets and serves as fiscal agent for grants awarded.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Team in strategic planning to achieve company mission.
Day to Day operations Accounts Payable
- Oversee all Accounts Payable checks, including monthly grant distributions, and agency designation checks
- Oversee Accounts Receivables including payments on pledges, funds from leases, grant and sponsorship monies and miscellaneous income.
- Works with Donations Processing Manager to ensure accuracy of pledges and donor designated gifts.
- Ensures accurate payment of designations.
- Ensure new employees are enrolled into payroll and benefits. Oversee payroll including accurate tracking of staff leave, tax deductions, and staff-authorized deductions.
- Maintain General Ledger for operating budgets
- Generate monthly Financial Statements for each budget
- Initiate development of annual budgets
- Work with relevant department directors to develop budgets
- Maintain and revise budgets as needed
- Present budgets and financial statements to the Finance/Building Committee and work with the Chair to present financials to the Board of Directors
- Present budgets and financial statements quarterly at staff meetings
Internal Accounting Controls
- Supervise Finance Associate
- Renew annually NC solicitation license
- Prepared for audits as required
- Orient new staff members on internal financial procedures
- Initiate, monitor, and generate past due receivables report
- Maintain accurate transmittal of funds
- Balance designations from fundraising campaign, provide information to Finance Associate, and monitor timely disbursements as dictated by policy
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- Provide information to Finance Associate for quarterly federal campaign designations
- Balance CFC bank account monthly
- Post monthly deposits to ANDAR (campaign database) and run quarterly payout report for Finance Associate
- Prepare for CFC audit as required
- Maintain General Ledger for operating budget
- Generate financial statements
- Work with Director on budget preparation
- Maintain and revise budget
- Meet monthly with Director and other key staff
- Track any grant or other project-targeted revenues and expenditures as required by the funding source
- Supervise Building Superintendent
- Maintain General Ledger for Building operating budget
- Generate financial statements for Building
- Work with Building Superintendent to prepare annual building budget
- Maintain and revise building budget
- Track and manage building leases
- Maintain general ledger for company operating budget
- Generate financial statements for company
- Provide monthly budget status reporting to Leadership
- Prepare annual budget with input from company Finance Committee
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in accounting/ financial management position.
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards as promulgated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Experience managing federal, state and local grants funds
- Human Resource and Benefits Administration preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use computers to manage data and compose reports, ability to interpret computer-generated reports and analyze data.
- Understanding of the non-profit sector desirable - governance, accountability, and management.
- General attributes should include ability to manage several projects simultaneously, track the results of projects, work effectively with people from different backgrounds - respect diversity, offer strong self-motivation, positive attitude, and a willingness to commit to the values of the organization, participate effectively on teams, and offer ideas to enhance the organization
- President & Chief Executive Officer
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process