MSELECT is looking to hire a Well Service Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of Wells Services & Completions related supervisory-level and be fluent in Arabic and English.
The Well Services Supervisor will be in-field representative for both rig-based and rigless operations. Operations may include, but are not limited to the following: Rig-Based. Completions, Well Testing (may include DST), Remedial Cement, Fishing, Filtration & heavyweight brines, Coiled Tubing, Slickline and Wireline, Rigless. All thru-tubing related operations such as Coiled Tubing, Well Testing & Flowback, Slickline, Wireline and Well Integrity related activities such as wellhead/Xmas tree maintenance & repairs. The position will be field-based and rotational and will encompass operations performed across two operating blocks.
- Demonstrable HSSE leadership to all members of the Well Services team.
- Safe execution and delivery of Well Services and Completion activity in line with legislation, HSE expectations and Kuwait Energy’s Companies Policy and Procedures.
- Accurate reporting of completion and well intervention activity.
- Ensure that all Well Services & Completions activities undertaken are:
- discussed in a planning meeting,
- covered by procedure,
- adequately risk assessed,
- understood by all crew members involved in the task
- and reviewed to distil lessons learned.
SPECIFIC HSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all Well Services activities are carried out in accordance with company HSSE standards and expectations
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards & procedures.
- Auditing both the activity and management systems of all Well Services related service providers.
- Assure that all Well Services equipment conform to both internal and external technical integrity standards & policies as well as meeting auditing requirements for both statutory & legislative purposes.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / AREAS
- Provide input into Well Design, Completion & Well Services Programs as well as operational planning.
- Supervision and the safe & efficient implementation of all Well Services related operational programs.
- Monitoring & day planning of all Well-Site activities to ensure that personnel and material movements are efficiently organized in a manner that will not cause delays to the ongoing work program.
REPORTING & LIASON
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of all Well Services related activities.
- On-Site Well Services and Service Company monitoring as well as first-level cost control and approval.
- Well-Site incident reporting and investigation.
- Liaise between the well-site team and all potential office-based groups.
- The capture and reporting of all lessons learned.
- Mitigation and reporting of all NPT events.
TEAM BUILDING & PERSONNEL
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of all 3rd party rig / rigless completion, well engineering and well intervention personnel.
- Developing team building with all stakeholders in order to create and promote a culture of openness, involvement and participation.
- Responsible for the coaching/mentoring and training of any subordinate staff.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Well Services, Sub-Surface, Drilling, Production, CPL
- Similar departments at other operating sites
- Well Services contractors and their sub-contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 10 years of Wells Services & Completions related supervisory-level experience with an emphasis on land-based operations.
- Broad experience working in high-pressure and high-temperature (HPHT) Oil and Gas wells with excellent knowledge and awareness of all associated operational and HSSE concerns related to the same.
- Candidate shall have ample experience with Coiled Tubing, Well Testing (conventional and DST), Slickline, Wireline, Filtration & Heavy Brines, HPHT Completions, remedial Cement, Stimulation and Fishing (thru-tubing & rig-based). Certified training with any of these service lines is preferential.
- Candidate is an HSSE leader with broad experience for all Well Services & Completions related activities.
- Strong technical, operational and planning abilities coupled with sound decision-making skills.
- Must have broad and ample experience working in multicultural environments.
- Candidate is a self-motivated individual with very strong communication & interpersonal skills, able to supervise field teams of varying disciplines under stressful environmental and operational conditions.
- Candidate must have a valid IWCF Level-4 Drilling and/or Well Intervention Well Control Certificate completed using API units of measure. Candidate is functional with both Metric & API units of measure.
- Candidate shall be a High-School graduate with a subsequent Technical Diploma
- Computer literate with ample experience with the Windows Operating System
- Candidate will have considerable experience with the Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidate must be fluent in the English language and Arabic and able to speak & write accurately & effectively
- Candidate must have completed an H2S awareness course
- Candidate must have completed a basic First Aid & Fire-Fighting course
- Well Service Superintendent
- Well Service
- Well Service
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process