MSELECT is hiring an Analyst Consultant for a consultancy client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Fluency in English and Kurdish language is a must.
An Analyst Consultant will be responsible for completing a range of responsibilities, as outlined below. The candidate will need strong analytical skills and the ability to draft briefings and minutes to the highest standards. They will learn to apply quantitative and qualitative methodologies and will develop the core skills to run research projects from start to finish.
- Conduct and manage quantitative and qualitative research projects;
- Conduct thorough data analysis and interpretation with rigor and drive to uncover the insights that can unlock key management information;
- Ensure data is in a format which is manageable and useful;
- Translate Kurdish and Arabic documents into English and vice versa;
- Translate in meetings with senior stakeholders;
- Present research findings in a clear, concise and confident manner;
- Service client accounts with day-to-day needs and ad hoc analysis requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
The profile we are looking for
- You need to hold at least a Bachelor’s level degree;
- Prior experience working with government authorities is desirable;
- Comfortable working with numbers and large datasets
- Fluent English and Kurdish speaker are essential. Arabic is desirable.
- You need to be thoughtful and articulate; to have ideas of your own and the ability to apply them to our work.
You will need to show
- We are looking for someone who will inspire the trust of those they deal with - both within our team and with the client.
- We are looking for team members who can conduct good research and detailed analytics, and who have an instinct for digging up the truth and seeking out difficult answers.
- We are looking for people who are capable of independent thought and initiative and are not shy in asking questions or for guidance and are keen to learn.
- Sound teamwork and successful client work follow on from clear communication.
High quality standards
- We are seeking candidates with good standards of personal output and translation skills.
Enthusiasm and good humor
- We are looking for someone with whom we will enjoy working; someone with a positive attitude towards mucking in cheerfully with all aspects of office life in order to get the work done.
Basic IT skills
- Fluency in MS Excel and Google Suite applications would be advantageous.
What will we offer
- Unique, varied and fascinating experience helping governments from around the world.
- Rapid development through a mix of informal teaching and coaching.
- A friendly and lively office environment with people of all ages.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process