MSELECT is hiring a Lead Electrical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Minimum 10 years of experience, 5 years in oil field, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq and be fluent in English.
The Job Objective is to
- Receive general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Manager.
- Act as the technical authority and focal point for all engineering questions related to electrical engineering.
- On behalf of company take the responsibility for electric engineering throughout the engineering, the construction installation and commissioning stages of the company
- Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Provides leadership to the electric engineers and in conjunction with the Engineering Manager assigns priorities.
- Coordinates, supervises and checks the work of those electric personnel assigned to projects under his/her direction.
- Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
- Identify salient problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering manager.
- Attends/Chair all design review events (Hazid, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
- Sign documents as checked.
- Quality control of the electric engineering.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Analyzes and/or reviews the electric discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any foreseeable delay.
- Coordination and Assists PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping, and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Provide electric discipline progress report and contractor’s performance.
- Obtain from or through the Engineering Manager and/or the EPC Team Leaders all information relevant for the discipline.
- Responsible for coordination of interfaces with the other disciplines.
- Monitors electric discipline material status reports against construction schedules and reviews them with project control, Contracts and Construction Groups.
- Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
- Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
- To work at site under company standard security policy.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Company’s Engineer(s).
- Frequent contacts with other Team Leader(s).
- Frequent contacts with Operations Department.
- Frequent contacts with Construction Department.
- Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors.
- Frequent contacts with Electric Discipline Leaders of EPC Contractors and LLI Vendors.
- Frequent go to site to support site construction and production.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- University Degree in Engineering in electrical engineering.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working in hardship situation.
- Over 10 years’ experience, 5 years in oil field, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq.
- Previous experience in a large intercultural environment is preferred.
- Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, possess good written and oral communications and presentation skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
- Good team player and forthcoming to support the section with additional task requests as necessary.
- Proactive and positive attitude willing to closely follow up and push issues to a successful resolution.
- Strong analytical, tactical and strategic thinking skills with a bias towards action.
- Self?Starter with strong work ethic, and great time management and communication skills
- Fluent in English oral and writing.
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
- Engineering Section Head
- Surface Facilities
- Engineering Section
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process