MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Executive & Office Administrator for an international energy services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the logistics industry, with 3 years in a management/ Supervisory role. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The logistics executive responsibilities include organizing import/export operations and ensuring that they are carried out effectively and efficiently. He/she also administrates and directs the transportation of commodities and products. He/she executes the roles and duties of a negotiator for the concerned organization and for the associates who import from different geographical destinations. He/she makes sure that all the commodities and products have been delivered properly and on time. He/she strategizes and organizes the best ways and means of conveyance by conducting intense investigations, in and around his/her organization.
- Full high-level understanding of import/ export processes in Iraq at a commercial level
- Full understanding of legalisation and certification processes required for importation both locally and at Iraq embassies worldwide.
- Understanding of the legal criteria surrounding penalties for non-legalised importation.
- Complete and high-level understanding of customs duties and taxes for importation. Potential candidates will be quizzed on tax/customs rates during interview.
- Full understanding of customs clearance processes including liaising with cargo officials at air terminal and for filling any security requirements.
- Full understanding of the process from offloading to collection at air cargo terminal.
- Full understanding of how to renew import licenses and apply for new import licenses for entities
- Full and high-level understanding of how sea importation and bill of lading processes work for sea cargo importation into UMQ.
- Detailed previous experience in arranging correct levels of insurance for land transportation of cargo from UMQ to Baghdad.
- Full and high-level understanding on importation by land via KRG and Turkey to Baghdad. The candidate would need to understand how to prepare and submit documentation at each border crossing.
- Ability to negotiate with land and Sea cargo transporters to obtain best possible quotes.
- Negotiating documented agreements for the delivery and management of products and commodities.
- Receiving, formulating and verifying the required papers needed to make sure that the needs of the federal and practicable administrative units or other organizational bodies are adhered to.
- Administrating the transfer of commodities and products as per the particularities of the clients and making sure that the targets of the organization are achieved.
- Coping up and communicating with the third parties indulging in these functional operations and paying and compiling the cash in lieu of the clients.
- Administrating and supervising the workings and undertakings of the workers in the import section of the organization and handling the interactions with the clients and sellers.
- Strategizing, planning and enforcing the import activities as per the providers and requirements of the clients.
- Supervising the inside transfer of products and commodities and making sure that this is done in agreement with the rules, regulations and policies of the governing system authorities.
- Collaborating with the providers and stock list programmers and strategizes and making sure that the global products and commodities get transferred properly within the given time frame.
- Ensuring that he/she receives superior quality freight charges per unit on a regular basis.
- Approving and enforcing the application of alterations and modifications, if and when needed.
- Helping to formulate quotes of trade goods for clients and executing freight and cargo reservation operations with movers or transporters.
- Supervising, overseeing and enforcing trade safety for different protection plans, ensuring that all these are done in agreement with the client methods and processes and upholding the same.
- Conducting investigations for different sections of the organization for import and export judicial rules, regulations and standard policies and upholding his/her familiarity with tariffs and licenses.
- Making sure that all these import programs are in agreement with the accepted rules and regulations of the organization.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested and as an office administrator to assist on office activities.
Carry out all activities of the role and processing activities (as above) as directed by the Company through its policies, procedures and training to ensure the success of the operation including the following:
- Full compliance:
- Health & Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Data Protection
- Remain up to date with all company notices and customer notices relating to policies and procedure.
- Remain up to date with all relevant operational, systems and training, Company and Customer.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment at all times.
- Comply with the Company’s open, fair and honest reporting culture.
Qualifications and Experience
- A thorough knowledge of import and export operations, air , land and ocean
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least 3 years must have been in a Management/ Supervisor role
- Have knowledge of dealing with Customs Regulations
- Have knowledge of and experience in Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Certificate/Diploma in Strategy, Productivity, Production or Operations Management is an advantage.
- Have excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports
- Thorough customer relation skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined, flexible attitude to change.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbally and ideally Arabic Speaking.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process