MSELECT is hiring a Wells HSE Advisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidate must have minimum 2 years of relevant experience and fluent in English and Arabic.
This will be a 14 / 14 rotational role which provides Health, Safety and Environmental support and oversight for the Wells department. The primary responsibility of this role will be to provide assurance that contractor safety management systems are implemented and in compliance with HSE standards / policies, HSE contractual requirements and HSE Bridging Document agreements. The Health, Safety and Environmental HSE Advisor will report directly to Wells HSE Team Lead and be a part of the Wells HSE team.
- Development of skills; Report to work location with promptness, prepared and willing to learn, practice skills and accept new challenges as identified and instructed by Wells and HSE Teams.
- Communication; Utilize communication skills in both Arabic and English to influence a positive safety culture.
- Ensure Wells HSE Team Lead is fully updated on any relevant HSE issues identified from field visits.
- Provide weekly reports to the Wells HSE Team Lead with pertinent updates and information.
- HSE Standards / Golden Rules / Iraqi HSE Regulations; Maintain a deep understanding of HSE Standards and Procedures including Seven Golden Rules – Provide guidance to the Wells department when applicable.
- Conduct research when necessary to ensure self- knowledge of applicable Iraqi HSE Regulations
- Provide guidance when applicable to the Wells department.
- Safety Culture; Promote safe working practices and coach personnel to ensure a ‘Stop the Job’ culture is firmly embedded at the sites.
- Encourage and coach all personnel to participate in contractor’s behavior observation program.
- HSE Meetings; Attend daily HSE meetings (when directed by the Wells HSE Team Lead) and provide support to Wells dept during planning meetings.
- Support the planning and delivery of monthly HSE meetings and assist where required collating and drafting information to be presented.
- Risk / Hazard Identification; Pro-actively look for unidentified risks, in addition to addressing the more obvious risk areas.
- Maintain a consistent presence during pre-planning meetings and Toolbox Talks to ensure risks, hazards and controls are understood and communicated to all personnel involved in the job.
- Promote the culture that Toolbox talks are to be held prior to all tasks and that longer duration jobs be broken down into smaller steps.
- Support rig teams during rig-based risk assessments to identify HSE related risks and control measures.
- Control of Work; Provide assurance that the contractor’s COW system is implemented;
- Verify the PTW, JSA, SOP’s and TBT’ documentation is completed correctly and that associated activities are conducted per COW requirements.
- Coach and support rig contractor HSE to ensure COW process is followed
- Provide feedback to Wells HSE Team Lead of any deficiencies found during field visits
- Audits / Inspections; Support Rig Audit Team during bi-annual rig audits by completing HSE section of audit document.
- Support Rig team with pre-spud acceptance audits
- Using rig audit format conduct self-verifications of contractor COW processes and activities related to Golden Rules of Safety
- Conduct routine inspections to ensure contractor safety related equipment / tools are inspected, maintained and in good condition prior to personnel using.
- Verify that safety equipment registers are in place and being updated
- Conduct self-verifications of lifting equipment and ensure correct color-coding is being maintained every six months
- Verify that ER drills are being conducted and documented as per contractor drill requirements and that any actions are being closed.
- Incident notification / Investigation / LL; Support Wells and HSE depts. in completion of initial incident notification to line management.
- Participate in incident investigations as instructed by Wells HSE Team Lead. Support contractor in identification of critical factors, causes and corrective actions. Support contractor in completing a quality investigation report based on findings.
- Verify that contractor has communicated Lessons Learned reports and that applicable actions have been applied at site
- Training; Attend relevant training as identified by line management.
- When requested support delivery of HSE Awareness training to rig site personnel
Criteria & Qualifications Essential
- 2-5 years of HSE Experience in Wells operations
- Fluent in Arabic and English languages with ability for written translation in same
- Computer application skills with Word, Excel and Outlook
- HSE / Wells HSE
- Office and the field
Rotation & Travel
- Travel during rotation only (rotation 14/14)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process