MSELECT is hiring an Audit Section Head – Internal for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English with Arabic as a plus.
- Audit Manager
Provide necessary assistance to Audit Manager in planning & conducting internal audits with a view to prevent & avoid risk to the company interests & help maintain its long term operational, financial & regulatory control framework, enhance company’s sustainable and healthy development, work on internal controls and risk identification and management.
- Assist Audit Manager in preparation of annual internal audit work plan.
- Develop, organize and execute audit programs as set in Annual Internal Audit Work Plan in consultation with Audit Manager.
- Work on the departmental Internal controls’ improvement and Risk Management.
- Assist Audit Manager in monitoring company's operational activities and processes.
- Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Frequent communication with other departments in order to ensure UEG’s / Company audit recommendations are appropriately implemented and constantly followed up.
- Provide necessary assistance to UEG Internal Audit team for audit plans.
- Coordination with UEG IA team on routine work
- In order to reach audit target, for each specific audit program, design detailed audit plan for execution in consultation with Audit Manager.
- Ensure follow up and execution of audit program.
- monitor audit quality
- collect, document and update work procedures of operating activities.
- establish appropriate and complete audit documentation.
- organize departmental daily business.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Chartered Accountant from an IFAC recognized body with CIA qualification as a plus.
- Minimum Experience 10-15 years in total. Experience with Big Four audit firms.
- Experience in E & P industry.
- Experience in Internal Audit, Internal controls and Risk Management.
- Experience with ERP tools like IDEAS and SAP.
- Proficiency in English language with Arabic as a plus.
- Expertise in MS Excel.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process