MSELECT is hiring a Support Engineer for an international technology client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the communication industry and be fluent in English and Arabic.
Scope of Work
We are in search of a Support Engineer within the company Iraq Operations, who will be responsible for GPS programming and configuration and deal with All IVMS devices, including troubleshooting by checking all wiring looms connection from GPS devices and antenna to make sure that all the connections are met to the safety standard, conducting technical analysis requirement during commission and the installation and repairs of GPS equipment and support. As part of the mandatory requirement the new Support Engineer must have the following:
- A graduation certificate from a university of technology or any telecommunications university with a Bachelor of Software Engineering or Communication Engineer, or equivalent (ie computer science, computer/software engineering, electronic and communication engineering, electronic engineering, information technology or telecommunications).
- All applicants must have a valid ID issued by the Iraqi Engineers Association and if they do not have it they must confirm the lead time to be obtained.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in communication industry.
- Accountable for accurate GPS programming and configuration and deal with All IVMS devices.
- Effectively executing on site install management in different provinces of Iraq.
- Collaborate with the electrical and instrument technicians in their daily activities and during the execution period of IVMS installs.
- Effective perform the trouble shooting by checking all wiring looms connection from GPS devices and antenna to make sure that all the connections are met to the safety standard conducting technical analysis requirement during commission.
- Execute the installation and repairs of GPS equipment and support.
- Accurately product the daily reporting of activities including installation and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Appropriately and accurately prepare new orders and deliver to the client site ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed standards of quality.
- Accurately track and maintain stock and stock records of all the GPS equipment and electronic devices.
- Provide effective training on company systems and Hardware to the end users.
- Make well informed recommendations of appropriate and creative solutions to the challenges of network design, mobile communications, data service requirements and internet and network signaling protocols.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process