MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling HSE Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
Scope of Work
HSE Supervisor require to manage rig facility safety operations by ensuring approved company health, safety, and environmental systems and programs are implemented, practiced and maintained. Facilities must also be in compliance with all applicable company, national and international health, safety and environmental laws and regulations. The provision of staff for Drilling operation support
- Department/ HSE Department
Senior HSE Supervisor
- Senior HSE Manager/Acting HSE Manager (call-off initiator)
- Conduct site HSE audits and inspections on facilities, Permit to work, Waste Management, Industrial Hygiene etc.;
- Audits contractor Permit to Work System
- Ensure contractor equipment is inspected upon arrival on location;
- Ensure contractor equipment is certified as required;
- Ensure contractor personnel have all required training and certifications;
- Taking a leading role in Emergency response drills and Emergency situation;
- Review and approve contractor risk assessment;
- Review and approve contractor personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments;
- Ensure all discovered deficiencies are documented into a system with a follow-up actions;
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly reporting is completed to a high standard, collated and reported in the approved formats;
- Ensure Incident Investigations are conducted and participate when required;
- Participate and play a leading role in promoting core value safety culture;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education level / Bachelor degree or Diploma in Engineering related Technical field
- Nebosh Diploma or IGC is advantageous;
- Computer skills / Microsoft Office?????
- At least 8 years of experience with international oil and gas operators or contractors.
- At least 5-years’ in HSE supervision of drilling operations
- Knowledge of applicable health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations.
- Basic technical knowledge of drilling / workover operations.
- Training and experience in incident investigations.
- Medical Certificates are needed where required by regulations.
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Intermediate computer literacy; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work in cold, hot, and turbulent weather conditions.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process