MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Petrophysicist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with at least 5 years in data acquisition, log analysis and/or Petrophysical Studies. English fluency is a must.
To develop, implement and monitor petrophysical data acquisition programs and conduct all necessary tests and core analysis activities on reservoir parameters to create accurate petrophysical models of reservoirs and support well operations, appraisal, completions/WO and development decisions. carries out Petrophysical field studies in order to help formulate reservoir models required for establishing field development plans and assists in monitoring fluid movements and production performance during production life of the field.
- Design and execute logging programs (types of logs, intervals, acquisition recommendations) for specific exploration and development activities in order to gather appropriate and high-quality data ready for analysis.
- Execute well log interpretation processes for individual wells, and perform petrophysical characterization of the reservoir, and contribute to construction of geo-cellular models. Evaluate cut-off properties and support hydrocarbon volumetric evaluation.
- Supervise wire-line logging and other petrophysical data acquisition such as cased hole log (PLT/RST, PNL/SNL and corrosion logs) to ensure the safe and smooth operation and quality of data production. Coordinate with contractors and check the final products and reports prepared by contractor.
- Receive, analyse and evaluate logs and core data using different types of computerized evaluation packages and calculate Petrophysical data such as porosity, hydrocarbon saturation, permeability, temperature, etc. Cooperate with geomodeller/ reservoir engineer to generate representative reservoir rock type log to be populated in the static and dynamic models.
- Review and interpret historical logging data around the proposed well location and identify remaining oil zones and formation water behaviours to propose target zones and logging operation programmes for new well drillings or workover. Initiate authorization formalities for execution of petro-physical survey/analysis programmes.
- Liaise with geologists and reservoir engineering staff to ensure physical corroboration of evaluations and to supplement well data. Evaluate productions logs, monitor and interpret fluids’ movements in the reservoir in liaison with Reservoir Engineers.
- Establish and maintain records of raw and computerize petrophysical data and provides data for the petrophysical well data base (digitized log and core data), prepare template well composite log and well log analysis summary result table for all the wells.
- Carry out petrophysical field studies and participates with other reservoir engineers in formulating a field-wide reservoir model for a future updated field development plan.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors such as (studies and core analysis) and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Function in a leadership-based role, mentoring and training less experienced colleagues, and providing structured training as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Subsurface requirements, policies and standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or Engineering or alternative disciplines including physics, geophysics or mathematics.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with at least 5 years in data acquisition, log analysis and/or Petrophysical Studies.
- Strong working knowledge of Geology and/or Techlog is preferred.
- Knowledge in petrophysical modelling
- Knowledge of oilfield exploration practices and technologies
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
- G&G Section Head / Subsurface Manager
- G&G Section
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process