MSELECT is looking to hire an International Freight Manager for a freight forwarding client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in freight management, fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is must.
Working knowledge of the management and integration of information, sourced product/material, transportation, inventory, warehousing, material-handling, and packaging, and occasionally security, between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer requirements. Selection of a transportation mode and service provider in order to meet due dates, cost and service objectives. Analyzing and selecting an appropriate transportation mode(s) in order to meet cost and service objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing and leading the International Freight team.
- Leading the quotation of the Freight Forwarding tenders received.
- Taking care of new freight forwarding customers and initial shipments of them.
- Search for new agents and supplier that could improve our services and/or cost structure.
- Receive and answer customers inquire and quotations.
- Request the best rates from agents.
- Coordinate shipments and information with our internal and external international agents.
- Update continuously our information system.
- Inform customers.
- Responsible for accident and damage reports and making sure that all issues are followed up within an acceptable time-frame.
Education & Experiences
- University Degree
- Five years of experience in Freight Management
- Packaging Configuration and Palletizing
- Performance/Cost Trade-offs
- Transportation Management - Mode Capabilities/Capacities/Lead Times
- Business minded
- Customer Oriented
- Diversity Recognition/Respect
- Written/Verbal Communication (Kurdish – Arabic – English)
- Carrier selection
- Transport Mode Selection
- Decision making skill
- Process knowledge
- Product knowledge
- Planning and execution
- Chemical reaction knowledge
- General chemistry
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.