MSELECT is looking to hire a Deputy Human Resources Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years’ experience in the similar position and be fluent in English.
The Deputy Human Resources Manager leads budget preparation & performance, cost control, audit supporting of the HR Department, and directs routing functions of compensation and benefits, employee relations and performance. The Deputy HR Manager also support the department manager on liaising with the headquarters to ensure compliance with the board and partner’s directions.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Asset’s Compensation & Benefits Structure to ensure alignment with the market practice in Iraq.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the annual performance appraisal cycle (including the mid-year reviews) and ensure the proper adoption of procedures and forms by evaluators in order to guarantee alignment to the Performance Management System.
- Contribute to the development and execution of HR annual work program and to support the achievement of financial and strategic objectives. Also, monitor, control and report key performance indicators related to the Human resources, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the HR policies, systems, processes and procedures related to C&B, Performance, Employee Relations, Audit Supporting, Cost/Document Control of the department, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of C&B Section, Performance Section, Employee Relations Section of HR department to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established corporate standards and HR procedures.
- Monitors, controls and reports audit supporting related to HR, to track the replies to all audit notes and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitors, controls and reports cost/document control related to HR, in line with the request of audit and budget utilization.
- Supervise resolution and investigate (as per the criticality of the issue), disciplinary issues as per the set company personnel administration policies and procedures.
- Advise and guide subordinates on the solution of grievances to ensure that all Asset employee grievances are resolved in a timely manner and as per the set policies and procedures. Ensure that employees are receiving responses to their queries or requests in a timely manner.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Department Heads, Executive management; Head Office;
- Subcontractors; BOC
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years’ experience in the similar position.
- Iraq field exposure; understanding of Oil & Gas industry.
- Acquaintance with EDPSC contract and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Preferred: SAP ERP working knowledge
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources
Number of staffs supervised
- Total: 16
- Total: 6
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process