MSELECT is looking to hire a Well Services Senior Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the oil & gas industry. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The position is responsible for the implementation of good oil field practices into Well Service activities. This WS Senior Engineer delegates activities associated with rigless engineering program preparation & review, assessing engineering solutions to complex technical requirements.
The position is responsible for helping to implement engineering standardization, quality, well integrity, and bench marking through after-action reviews, lessons learned and continual review/improvements. The position is required to interact with other departments including, operations, HSE, workover / drilling departments and the sub-surface team.
- Lead by example with a strong commitment to HSSE.
- Design programmes for all aspects of well services activities, including wireline, slickline, well head maintenance, coiled tubing, nitrogen, stimulation and well integrity repairs.
- Ensure all pre-job technical calculations are performed, including fractures pressures, over balance, under balance, correct specification of equipment and services and kill fluid requirements, etc.
- Organize and participate pre-job and well reviews meetings with service providers and relevant teams / departments.
- Effectively apply and promote the organisation safety standards.
- Prepare post-job reports and other technical reports as required.
- Prepare and conduct post-job reviews and AAR with service companies and other relevant parties and prepare other technical reports as required.
- Assist with the preparation of equipment, materials and personnel required for upcoming jobs (2-week minimum look-ahead) to ensure there will be no delays to job start up, or execution.
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus any optimization opportunities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of office well files.
- Participate in performance reviews.
- Participate to incident investigations and HSSE initiatives as required
- Act as WSE team lead in his absence.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Well Control (IADC/IWCF) certificate (In date)
- Experience with land rig and rigless operations, including, but not limited to: completion, well intervention operations and planning, including use/application of coil, N2, Acid, e-line (logging and tools), slickline and well testing.
- Good communication skills in Arabic and English
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the oil industry
- Strong team player
- Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Flexible approach to work
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.