MSELECT is looking to hire a Project Scheduler for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years as a Mechanical, Piping or Electrical experience in Construction within an Oil & Gas company or service company. Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
The Project Scheduler will develop, monitor and control project construction schedules at level 3 and 4, manage and report on critical interface milestones and completion dates that impact other Departments and Stakeholders.
The Project Scheduler’s key objective will be to source, review and integrate the contractors construction schedules (EPC, Supply & Install, Supply & Supervise, etc.) at the time of award and assist the Project Managers in establishing and approving the contractors baseline schedule.
The Project Scheduler will also implement project and contractor control reports including progress S-Curves, resource plans etc.
The Project Scheduler will expedite and audit the weekly physical construction progress for each project and contractor, update the EPPM master project schedules, track delivery dates for materials and equipment, advise of any inter-department interface issues and recommend any corrective actions required to mitigate delays or recover lost time.
The Project Scheduler will co-ordinate with the site teams to prepare and issue the consolidated weekly site construction report for all active construction projects including maintaining an update photo library of progress.
- Expedite the submittal of the contractor’s construction schedule as required under the contract.
- Review the contract at award and the submitted contractor’s schedules are aligned and that the scope is adequately covered, identifying any interfaces, battery limit gaps or overlaps with other contractors or stakeholders.
- Identify all major milestones in the contractor’s schedule and establish interfaces between other projects, Contractors and other departments, especially where there are impacts to maintenance or production.
- Together with the Project Manager, review and approve the construction schedule and establish the contract baseline.
- Prepare and agree a basis for contract progress measurement with the contractor and establish a method of reporting weekly progress in accordance with the Company Procedures. For minor contracts or where the contractor’s capability is lacking, this task is to be completed by the Project Scheduler.
- Expedite the contractor’s schedule updates and progress reporting on a weekly basis, review, check and audit physical progress in the field for each sub-contract is matching with the reported progress.
- Update the Company master schedules in EPPM on a weekly basis with activity completion and progress percent complete.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Mangers the preparation of the site weekly construction progress report and issue to Management as per the reporting timetables.
- Assist with the substantiation of any Extension of Time claims from the Contractor.
- Assist with the analysis of contractual claims against the Company.
- Provide input into the risk assessment processes.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments, including Operations and Maintenance and where necessary provide training and guidance with scheduling techniques and P6 EPPM setup and operation.
- Experience with Planning Software - preferably Primavera
- Experienced user of MS-Excel, understanding of Earned Value Progress Measurement S-Curves.
- Competency in writing clear and concise weekly progress reports
- Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Systematic organizer, including the verification, filing and archiving of inputs and history data used for the compilation and monitoring of the progress schedule
- High level of interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with and manage information between the Project Team and stakeholders.
- Willing to work within a team environment, follow instructions and existing procedures, structures and systems
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 2-5 years of experience as a Mechanical, Piping or Electrical experience in Construction within an Oil & Gas company or service company
- Engineering education certificate in Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Discipline is a preferred
- Working knowledge of using Scheduling Software, preferably Oracle Primavera is a plus
- Working knowledge of Earned Value progress measure tools and techniques is a plus
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process