MSELECT is hiring a Camp Security Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector and 3 Years Minimum Experience in South Iraq and be fluent in English.
Security Section Head /Security Manager
The CSS provides support to the company Security Section Head (SSH), The Asset Manager and Security staff employed within his sphere of responsibility. The CSS offers sound experience-based security advice and guidance to all employees, contractors and sub-contractors within his area of responsibility. The CSS develops plans, Schedules and supervises the operations necessary for the protection and general security of all company Personnel (contractors and sub-contractors), assets, production facilities and drilling. He works with other professionals, such as contracted security providers and outside agencies such as the OPF – SWAT – Iraqi Army and Border Protection Forces. The CSS is responsible for all reporting schedules daily, weekly and monthly, in direct collaboration with the Head of Security.
Key responsibilities of the role (mention the role function) 3 to 4 dot points
- Direct response for all security related issues, available 24/7 by telephone and email.
- Supervision, Oversight, and development of company (and Contracted) security guards
- Maintenance of the Security Emergency Response Plan and all related contact details for outside agencies and the Joint Security Operations Centre (JSOC).
- Development and continual evaluation of Site Security Management Plans and Security SOPs.
- Governance of security procedures, ensuring they meet acceptable standards in compliance with the project Security Management Plan and the company Minimal Operational Security Standards (MOSS
- Training and development of company Watchmen in basic security procedures and company Standard Operating Procedures
- Audit / Inspection of subcontractor’s security standards to ensure that they meet the company MOSS
- Conduct performance assessments (KDs) of company Watchmen and Contracted Security Providers under his responsibility
Key deliverables - 3 to 4 dot points.
- Maintenance of appropriate Security and Staff relationships, particularly with security contractors, maintaining a high level of cultural awareness between all key interfaces, Maintains Close effective communication and coordination between himself – Head of Security – Contracted Security Staff – Project Manager – Field Manager and camp bosses, reports to Head of Security.
- Oversight guidance and development of the company Security Advisors and Leads.
- Accurate Interpretation and maintenance of Security Plans – the company MOSS and Standard Operational Procedures including where necessary, writing and amending Security Management Plans and SOPs.(Ensuring that employed Procedures meet acceptable security standards).
- Conducts regular security drills to ensure base personnel react in appropriate manner during any security emergency.
- Conducting ongoing Security Vulnerability Assessments of company Key locations and developing SOPs to mitigate risks as the situation dictates.
- Assess and suggests: Improvements to Security Standards and Plans.
- Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that: Security objectives are achieved in line with company business objectives in a balanced manner aligned with the corporate security/HSSE Standards and Best Industry Practices.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security Standards and Policies in line with HSSE best industry practices.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Head of Security
- Senior HSSE Manager
- Asset Manager
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All Key location managers and Key Business interfaces
- All key stakeholder interfaces, BOC, MOO, MOI
- ISF / BIP / OPF
- Contractor senior management (Contractor Management)
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on the company Operations planning activities are referred to the: Head of Security / Senior HSSE Manager.
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company’s management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 Years Military Experience with Teeth Arm – Infantry NCO or Higher + Operational Experience Iraq/Afghanistan/ Bosnia /UN Operations
- Experience Auditing Security Operations
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector and 3 Years Minimum Experience in South Iraq – Security Operations Management.
- Must have Worked as PSD Team Leader in Iraq prior to managing security operations
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent understanding of related contracts
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof.
- Operation Planning
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving
- Change Management
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process