Our client an international Oil and Gas service provider is currently looking to hire a General Manager in Baghdad to identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities in Iraq in the Turbo Machinery business. A minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in Business Development, Sales and Marketing is required.
- Possess general management experience including P&L, people management and budgetary responsibilities in the oil & gas sector.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities in Iraq with a focus on the turbo machinery business, both with new sales and customer service.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key customers to maximize revenues and cross sell additional products and services.
- Draft the sales and marketing strategy as a guideline for the sales team to ensure that company sales strategy is implemented as per plan.
- Ensure that company’s relationship with customers is strong and ensure that any challenges are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with key customers especially North Oil Company, North Gas Company, Basra Oil Company, South Gas Company, South Refineries Company, Midland Oil Company, Missan Oil Company, State Company for Oil Projects and the Ministry of Oil as well as IOCs so as to build strong business relationships.
- Manage the entire sales and after sales process (end-to-end) beginning from customer’s inquiry, confirming orders, coordinating the shipping and handling arrangements, if necessary, and ensuring payments are collected on time.
- Monitor competitors’ activities in the market for a better and timely understanding of market dynamics.
- Oversee all arrangements relating to marketing events, including booth design and fabrication, posters, catalogs, etc.
- Candidate must have 10 to 15 years of experience in the field of business development and sales & marketing activities in Iraq with a major focus on the turbo-machinery industry
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator in English and Arabic
- Candidate will be based in Baghdad, Iraq (Iraqi National)
- Candidate must have leadership, people management and team building skills
- Candidate must have strong negotiating skills
- Candidate must possess planning, budgeting and cost control experience