Mselect is looking for a Laboratory Manager for an Oil & Gas company in Kurdistan. Minimum of 10 years of experience is required, of which 5 years in managerial positions.
KRA 1- Testing.
- Received (tank, Truck, Test request...etc.)Samples after check all information of samples are labeled, the quantity of samples if it’s enough to do the test and the purity of samples.
- Prepare the equipment before test like check the electric connection, operate...etc.
- Prepare the samples to start testing such as putting gasoline sample in refrigerator or warming the sample in water bath depend on ASTM standard procedure then prepare the sample to put it in equipment.
- Doing all the test required as standard procedure such as (ASTM & IP) standard and lab procedure.
KRA 2- Documentation
- Established lab. Document as SOP system.
- Make yearly and monthly inventory to find if there any shortage in materials. So to prepare purchase request.
- Calculate the cost of testing and the cost of annual expenses to prepare yearly Budget.
- Receive of shipment equipment, store documentation like (packing list manual document ...etc.) in our archive.
- Record all test result as hardware and software copy and store it in our archived.
- Record the daily and monthly work was hardware and software.
- Prepare reports (tank, truck, certificate of quality, density, invoice…etc.) and deliver the reports to the person concerned such as (general manager, lab. manager, IT, Commercial Coordinator, accountant…etc.).
- Prepare vacation document for lab. Employee.
KRA 3- Reporting
- Reporting to Control Room Manager immediately in emergency cases.
- Reporting Control Room at the end of the month about all work was done in the laboratory or any action.
KRA 4- Maintenance.
- Install new equipment.
- Monthly or yearly maintenance such as (cleaning, replace of spare parts …etc.) of equipment and record it in archived system.
- Make Monthly or yearly calibration for equipment.
- Monthly check for equipment spare parts and consumables expiry date.
- Repair the equipment in case of damage after reporting Control Room Manager
KRA 5- Meeting
- Participation in weekly line managers meeting.
- Participation in weekly HSE meeting.
KRA 6- Training
- Train new employee at least 3 month for lab. Engineer according to ASTM and Lab. standard.
- Train new employee at least 1 month for lab. Tech. an according to ASTM and Lab. standard.
- Train summer training students at least 3 month according to ASTM and Lab standard.
- Master or Bachelor in Chemical engineering, oil engineering, chemist or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of Experience as Lab Manager
- Knowledge of oil laboratory principles
- Knowledge of data entry procedures
- Oil field expertise
- Knowledge of ASTM & IP lab. procedure standard
- English and Arabic or Kurdish language skills (written and verbal)
Applicants who meet the description above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.