MSELECT is hiring a Construction Engineer (Mechanical) for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidate’s must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in oil field projects and construction and be fluent in English.
Maintenance Section Head
The Construction Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Coordinate and direct project construction engineering and the prioritization of allocated work scopes and ensure deliverables are issued in line with planned dates
- Ensure quality of deliverables reflects accurately the scope of work required for implementation at Site
- Provide construction input to estimates as and when required
- Review design documents and provide constructability input to designs
- Produce job cards, test and inspection matrices and compile work-packs which detail all construction activities
- Undertake visits to site installations in order to create, review designs and liaise with engineering, operations, maintenance, civils and act as liaison with relevant contractors
- Identify any specialist vendor support, tools and equipment required to implement scope
- Liaising with Contractor study teams on developing solutions on FEED Studies
- Responsible for mechanical construction contracts management
- Undertaking of surveys and generation of reports where required
- Assist with construction input to contractual and bid preparation as needed
- Development of Construction data for estimates
- Ensure coordination of cost estimates and schedule3Ensure execution of work according to the agreed schedule and budgets
- Delivery of the KPI’s
- Ensure plans, schedules and progress reports are updated
- Coordination of projects
- Provide input to project activities to align budget, scope, time schedule and quality
- Interface management
- Ensure robust project reporting routines are in place
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Frequent contact with all departments
- Operations and Maintenance Team
- Planning Department
- HSSE, Contracts, Procurement & Logistics
- Drilling Department
- Surface Facilities
- Frequent contact with expeditors, contractors, CPL department, and other functions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- University education in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience of field-based project engineering, fabrication and construction roles within the oil and gas industry
- 8 years’ experience in oil field projects and construction
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Good knowledge of engineering, fabrication, construction, procurement, installation and completions
- Full working knowledge of construction activities in relation to the relevant piping, structural, mechanical with awareness of electrical and instrument disciplines
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and undertake constructability reviews of design
- Ability to visit facilities and discuss with contractors up and coming scopes of work
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills and highly structured
- Proven modification project knowledge within the oil and gas industry.
- Good compute skills, with knowledge of using CAD, planning tools such MS Project and P6 software, SAP PM and SAP MM.
- Good English written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude, team player and a proactive approach to identifying solutions.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process