MSELECT is looking to hire an Automobile Technician for an international energy service client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Arabic.
Position Description – Purpose
- Execute Mechanical Maintenance activities per instruction by the Maintenance Supervisor, and may include the keeping of records, monitoring of maintenance costs, and production performance.
- Carry out maintenance per the agreed schedules and consistent with HSSE rules and regulations including the PTW system.
- Creating and consistent with HSSE rules and regulations, including avoiding any activity that can harm people or the environment (by reducing or eliminate hazardous waste).
- Work with Refueling Equipment’s, test facility & equipment’s, Fueler loading facility to ensure asset availability is maximized
- Mobile Assets: ~10 Refuellers and 2 Pick-ups
- Fixed Assets: Into the plane office, workshop & equipment
- The Maintenance Technician (MT) is responsible for understanding basic HSSE behaviors required for excellent HSSE performance and taking active responsibility for own safe behaviors.
- The MT also needs to be capable of intervening when they consider it is safe to do so – to prevent any unsafe acts or conditions they become aware of leading to incidents.
- The MT also needs to be capable of clear two-way communications with other staff and customers to successfully carry out his/her work.
- The Maintenance Technician (MT) is responsible for completing all maintenance tasks recemented by the regulations at the site.
- Carry out maintenance per the agreed schedules and consistent with HSSE rules and regulations including the PTW system. The MT operates sophisticated, high-cost mobile equipment to perform his routine tasks.
- Compliance Tasks
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Daily defects
- Near miss reports.
- Refueling equipment’s
- Quality control & test devices
- Special tools
- Precision tools
- Storage of consumables and parts
- Time bounded sensitive spares
- The MT must be HSSE minded and work safely at all times.
- The MT works within a team and therefore his actions and behaviors will impact others.
- The MT must be fully conversant and comply with all Company and Legislated HSE requirements which apply to the Airfield Operation and is accountable for completing Compliance Tasks that have been assigned.
- The MT must strictly adhere to the MASIL Rules for Operators.
- The MT must report all unsafe acts and conditions and near misses to his / her Supervisor at all times.
- The MT must acknowledge that Working Safely is a Condition of Employment.
Fixed and Mobile Plant Maintenance
- Equipment maintenance.
- Rectification of snag’s
- Periodic checks and tests.
- Documentation of the checks and test results.
- Maintain a robust stock management system.
- Miscellaneous tasks within the Depot.
- Cleaning of fixed and mobile equipment.
- General housekeeping tasks.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Diploma 3-year degree or 2-year industrial training in Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering with minimum 2-3 years relevant experience, in maintenance and engineering of manufacturing industries. Electronic and Instrumentation work experiences is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with relevant standards, specifications and technical drawings.
- Familiarity with plant equipment's and facilities. Must have basic knowledge in plant utility equipment's, building, LV and MV and good shop floor communications
- Familiarity with the maintenance system.
- Hands-on electronic component level and quick response personality.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process