MSELECT is hiring a Senior Reservoir Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 6 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
Reservoir Engineering Section Head, Subsurface Manager
Responsible for working with geophysicists, geologists and petrophysicists to ensure static and dynamic reservoir models are maintained and updated. Integration of data to develop improved understanding of reservoirs and well performance. Development of depletion plans and production forecasts. Evaluate a variety of development schemes, reservoir management strategies and review reservoir uncertainties, risks and mitigation plans. Identify and develop opportunities that maximize economic recovery. Generate & document reserves estimates. Engage in discussions internally and with reserves auditors. Review and update short term and long-term production forecasts. Review PVT data acquisition and laboratory analysis programs as required. Support design of Reservoir Engineering SCAL as required Contribute to technical reports, such as well proposals, decision support packages and field development plans. Participate constructively in technical assurance activities (principally Peer Assists but also Peer Reviews)
- Collaborate with the technical teams within various assets to collate all relevant information to populate the models.
- Review the information and data received from the technical teams to ensure completeness of information and alignment with the adopted model, guidelines and economic assumptions
Field Development Plan
- Provide preliminary reviews / comments on the Field Development Plan.
- Undertakes reservoir simulation studies to estimate recovery factor and reservoir performance prediction.
- Participate in Development plan study and implementation.
- Uncertainty analysis for both development projects/wells and exploration & appraisal drilling
- Understanding and apply decision & risk analysis to estimate recovery factor and reservoir performance prediction
- Calculate and evaluate reserve potential using all standard reservoir engineering tools to measure and provide decline curve analysis, volumetric analysis, and material balance.
Reservoir Performance Analysis & Enhancement
- Perform well test analysis and use available PVT analysis, PLT, RST and fluid flow characteristics of oil reservoirs and determine reservoir performance.
- Day-to-day activities include active management of the pools and production performance analysis. Assess newly completed wells/workovers and predict future performance of existing wells.
- Conduct reservoir engineering evaluations leading to the optimum development and production scenarios of established fields and discoveries; document results of work; prepare reports, displays and presentations to illustrate these findings
- Provide support to the Operations teams in the review and provide preliminary assessment of drilling /work over objectives / requirements including horizontal wells trajectories based on well and reservoir performance.
- Maintain basic reservoir performance analysis and comparing actual rates to projections for all base assets to complete offset operator performance studies and provide recommendations for performance and value improvement for base assets.
Hydrocarbon Resource Management
- Assist in the estimation of the recovery factors and reserves from simulations models and analytical methods.
- Collect data and information about company reservoir and resources to prepare auditable reserve reports based on the recognized industry standards.
- Assist in the Hydrocarbon resource booking and reporting.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
People & Contractor Management
- Support in technical evaluation and verification of contractors’ pre-qualification documents and assessment of each contactor’s capabilities, to ensure selection of appropriately qualified contractors at the optimum price and required standards.
- Provide specialized support during the execution of contracts to ensure that both contracting parties fulfil their obligations
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Reservoir Engineering section requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Operations and Maintenance team, Surface Facilities
- Asset Management Team, Contracts & Procurement
- Vendors & Contractors
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company management and stipulated in the authority matrix
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A bachelor’s degree in Petroleum/ Chemical/ Reservoir engineering. A Master’s degree in reservoir engineering would be preferred
- Minimum 6- 8 years of experience.
- Significant experience in reservoir engineering methods as well as a good understanding of material balance analysis, fluid characterization, SCAL data interpretation, well-test interpretation, well performance and production forecasting
- Experienced user of industry standard software, e.g. Prosper, MBAL, PVTp or PVTi, Saphir, and Eclipse & Petrel RE.
- Experienced in risk/uncertainty analysis and development of mitigation strategies.
- Broad experience of different reservoir fluid types
- Experienced in field development and depletion planning
- Experienced in reserves estimation.
- Peer Assist/Review experience
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of oilfield operations.
- Risk and opportunity management
- Reserve/volumetric estimation
- Experience in producing documents and reports for investment community.
- Highly proficient in research, analysis, presentation and reporting skills.
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Innovative thinking,
- Change management
- Attention to detail
- Techno-commercial acumen
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process