MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Reservoir Geologist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 8 years of relevant experience and fluent in English.
G&G Section Head /Subsurface Manager
Perform geological studies, and to analyze and interpret geological data (seismic data, master logs and core data) and integrate with dynamic data (production/test data and fluid data), to achieve the objective of quantifying hydrocarbons in place and optimize reservoir management and field development. Also support for new well geological proposal and drilling programs, gathering data and evaluating drilled wells. Have a detailed understanding of development/reservoir geology and have familiarity of Geomodelling software such as Petrel. Be responsible for generating the 3D geological models, QC of the input and output data of the models concerned.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- To analyze all available well data, subsurface and surface analogues, production and test data and 2D/3D seismic to build a geological model.
- To provide the geological inputs into multi-disciplinary reservoir studies.
- To support seismic interpretation of field data working closely with the geophysicist to aid in an optimum structural interpretation and make use of seismic attribute to support reservoir description and modelling.
- To extrapolate data between wells using the most appropriate deterministic or statistical technique.
- To map and estimate HCIIP and highlight potential variations (ranges), features and uncertainties.
- To test and apply geological knowledge and experience to understand and quantify the lateral and vertical distribution of the hydrocarbons in place. This will also entail analyzing the geological uncertainties which effect HCIIP and expressing the range of possible static reserves under a variety of possible circumstances.
- To work closely with reservoir engineers to generate the appropriate geological model for input into dynamic modelling and contribute to the dynamic model calibration.
- To identify unexploited hydrocarbon accumulations and promote future investments.
- To provide technical advice on data collection and laboratory studies related to logging and coring.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety awareness and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors such as (studies and core analysis) and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Subsurface requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Well services and Drilling teams
- Operations and Surface Facilities
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Vendors & Contractors
- BOC & Partner
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The jobholder exercises financial and operational authority as per the level established by company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor in Geology.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in Oil and Gas Industry, good knowledge and understanding of Upstream Activities.
- Experience on carbonate reservoirs, especially in Middle-East region.
- Good knowledge of Petrel is a must.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary Team
- Initiative and desire to learn and expand within role.
- Sound sedimentological and petrophysical background, understanding of reservoir characterization and 3D modelling techniques, competence with mapping techniques.
- Understand and can integrate core and log data into a cohesive reservoir model & build representative reservoir rock types.
- Understand the key carbonate subsurface uncertainties and its impact to the reservoir behavior.
- Good presentation/communication skills, ability to communicate subsurface technical / geological concepts in easy and understandable terms to non-subsurface staff.
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process