MSELECT is looking to hire a Maintenance & QC Supervisor for an international energy service client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Arabic.
Position description - Purpose
Oversee the day-to-day ITP Maintenance/Quality control activities of the company, to ensure a safe cost-effective operation is maintained in accordance with JIG/company procedures as are current at the time. Support the Managers, supervisors/operators for long- and short-term planning
Run the shift duty on a regular basis.
Leadership & People Management
The Maintenance Supervisor (MS) is accountable for:
- Personal Leadership – set high personal standards, led by example, ensure follow through, and demonstrate commitment to building a motivated workforce
- Managing a team of Maintenance Technicians.
- The MS trains & coaches’ staff to develop a highly skilled team, dedicated to ‘getting it right first time, every time’ Ensuring that the members of his team are fully trained and competent in all their delegated tasks so that all fixed and mobile equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with the requirements of the OEM’s maintenance manuals and company requirements.
- Developing and stimulating good team work: encouraging others to send suggestions/information to contribute on efforts to improve maintenance standards.
- Optimizing company /Contractor staffing levels and mix to maintain core fueling equipment maintenance expertise whilst utilizing contractors cost efficiencies for
- Routine maintenance work.
- The MS is accountable for all administration associated with all maintenance activities and the workshop that he is responsible for. These include but are not limited to:
- Equipment specific preventative maintenance schedules.
- Scheduling of inspection, test and maintenance activities.
- Record keeping of all inspection, test and maintenance activities, and equipment.
- Spares management and ensuring that critical spares are identified and available in a cost-effective manner
- Maintaining historic costing of all equipment and evaluate cost control data to enable high cost areas to be determined with a view to obtaining cost reductions.
- Ensure that the correct allocation of costs and charges are made and recovered from nominated airports and customers.
- Overtime of his staff.
- Data capture and inputting including (HSSE KPI’s).
- On time payment of contractors and suppliers
- Budget planning and reporting.
- Near Miss reports
- Defect managing and record keeping.
- Support Operation when needed.
- Accountable for the management of the workshop and its facilities and equipment such that it is suitably maintained and equipped to provide a safe and efficient workplace for vehicle maintenance.
- As and when necessary, recommend improvement in workshop facilities with an emphasis on manual handling and other HSSE matters.
- To continuously seek ways to improve levels of personal and company performance by optimizing the use of equipment, facilities, new technology and training.
- The MS must be able to identify changes to processes, plant and people and be able to understand that a Management of Change process needs to be in place, managed and closed out.
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of an efficient Planned Maintenance System, Defect Reporting System and Record System for all facilities, equipment and vehicles.
- To maintain, test, calibrate and repair all equipment in accordance with OEM’s maintenance manuals, company and statutory requirements
- Ensure that all maintenance assurance inspections and the outcomes are actioned in accordance with recommendations contained on the reports
- Accountable for the supervision of contractors performing delegated work at all Sites
- The MS must be HSSE minded and work safely at all times.
- The MS must acknowledge that Working Safely is a condition of Employment.
- Identification of risks associated with all work being carried out by him or by contractors working under his supervision, and for applying appropriate risk management tools to mitigate those risks, such as Permit to Work and Management of Change.
- The MS supervises a team of Maintenance Technicians and therefore his actions and behaviors will impact and influence his team. He needs to apply appropriate behaviors and be seen to “walk the talk”
- The MS manages the workshop, its facilities and equipment. These shall be suitably maintained and equipped to provide a safe and efficient environment.
- The MS must be fully conversant and comply with all Company and Legislated HSE requirements whilst repairing and maintaining vehicles and equipment and is accountable for ensuring completion of Compliance Tasks assigned to him / herself and his / her team members.
- The MS must strictly adhere to the MASlL Rules for Supervisors.
- The MS must report all unsafe acts and conditions and near misses to his / her Managers at all times.
- The MS, in carrying out maintenance tasks, will come into direct contact with the fuel within the systems that are being maintained. He/ she is therefore accountable for ensuring that the actions of his team do not adversely impact on the quality of the fuel.
- The MS supports the Line Managements by discharging their responsibilities safely and efficiently.
- The MS is accountable for all construction and implementation of Engineering projects that have been delegated to him/her.
The MS is accountable for:
- Ensuring that all projects are built according to specification and in accordance with all laid down Project Management, Control of Work and HSSE standards.
- Ensuring that Permit to Work processes are in place for all Engineering works and in some cases he/she will be appointed as the Permit to Work Authority upon completion of the qualifying criteria.
- Commissioning and related documentation of all Engineering projects.
- Deliver training and familiarization for the safe use of the equipment’s to the end users after an addition and deletion.
Fixed and Mobile Plant Testing, Inspection and Maintenance
- The MS is also accountable for Planning and scheduling inspection, testing and maintenance activities so that all equipment is maintained on schedule and to minimize equipment failure and downtime.
- Accountable for the maintenance, testing, calibration and repair of all equipment in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements.
- Accountable for developing and implementation of:
- An effective and up to date Planned Preventative Maintenance System that is specific to the equipment being maintained.
- Defect Reporting System and Record System for all facilities, equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure optimum level of functionality of all the fixed and mobile equipment at the airports
- Develop procedures or designs which will improve efficiency, safety, reliability or serviceability of operational equipment
- To maintain suitable arrangements with appropriate service providers and maintenance facilities both on and off the airport to ensure that appropriate back–up and support is available in the event of equipment breakdowns and failures.
- Accountable for providing full commissioning/decommissioning facilities for new and existing vehicles. This includes, adequately planning the work, to ensure minimum disruption to the refueling service. Subsequently, provide proper documented and recorded training for all operators and supervisors on new or modified equipment
- To ensure maximum vehicle usage, whilst maintaining a high level of safety and quality standards.
- Accountable for reviewing maintenance trends in order to identify systematic problems
Qualifications and Experience required
- Diploma in Mechanical/Auto mobile Engineering preferred.
- Skill in computer literacy-MS office
- Upper-Intermediate level of English (be capable to understand written and spoken English, also capable to write English)
- Can communicate effectively, manage interfaces and work collaboratively with superiors, peers, operators, technicians, vendors, contractors, and all level of employees within direct organization.
- Knowledge in Aircraft Refueling Equipment’s operating philosophy
- Experience in Refueling equipment preventive maintenance, periodic checks, tests, etc. not less than five years.
- Forward thinking, analytical and planning skills essential
- Aptitude to develop the departmental team, succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process