MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical Technician for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidate’s must have a minimum 3 years of practical experience in area of mechanical equipment maintenance. Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of process and utility mechanical equipment including but not limited to static equipment, rotating equipment, lifting equipment,
- Prepare static equipment for inspection including but not limited to insulation removal/restoring, surface cleaning/grinding and painting, coating repair, inspection assistance, etc.
- Ensure quality of performed works by strict compliance with instructions provided in approved Method Statements, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals along with use of proper maintenance techniques and tools,
- commitment and compliance with Company’s HSE policy, safety rules and procedures.
Minimum Personnel Qualifications Requirements
- Kurdish language – native.
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering technologies or equivalent received from an appropriately accredited institution,
- At least three (3) years of practical experience in area of mechanical equipment maintenance,
- General knowledge of mechanical equipment design, operation and maintenance,
- Practical skills of dismantling, disassembling, assembling, mounting, handling, inspection, dimensional measurement, metalworking, fitting, adjustment, preservation, greasing and lubrication of mechanical equipment and its components.
- Shall have completed Assembly and Tightening of Bolted Flange Connections training or shall complete this training within one year after employment,
- Shall have completed Confined Space Entry training or shall complete this training within one year after employment,
- Shall have completed Work at Height training or shall complete this training within one year after employment,
- Shall have completed Rigger and Overhead Crane Operator Training or shall complete this training within one year after employment,
- Minimal English level – pre-intermediate.
- The below specified advanced training courses is not mandatory for each mechanical technician but Contractor shall ensure presence onsite at least two persons at each crew shift who have completed:
- Laser Alignment training,
- Rolling Bearing Maintenance and Service training (storage, handling, mounting and dismounting, fundamentals of lubrication, diagnostics of bearing failures),
- Vibration Data Collection with portable devices.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process