MSELECT is looking to hire a CMMS Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience. English fluency is a must.
Job PurposeThe CMMS Specialist will report directly to the Surface Operations Manager (SOM) and will be working closely with on-site Maintenance Managers and PF Managers.
The CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) specialist will provide support to the Surface Operation department for selection of and to ensure a new CMMS projects is ready for maintenance upon build completion, ensuring optimum reliability for existing in-service assets and continual growth of new assets.
The CMMS Specialist has a lead role in building / maintaining the company’s CMMS.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced CMMS Specialist to handle the selection and implementation of our computer maintenance management system for current and growth expansions. As a CMMS Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing CMMS Implementations from project start to CMMS go live. The CMMS Specialist will lead project status communication with supplier and maintain a healthy relationship with our business partners, work with the site maintenance team to resolve deficiencies and provide a proactive timeline for product enhancement and development based on provider feedback. Status reporting on a standard frequency to ensure alignment of our and Provider goals. Work with your team on project scope and schedule compliance. This role will include close coordination with our Implementation Teams and ensuring spare parts are assigned to relevant equipment. The goal of this position is to ensure that all existing and new construction expansions are quickly brought onto line with our CMMS system.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- CMMS Specialist to recommend which CMMS system should procure.
- Oversee project planning, coordination, and scope.
- Coordinate and lead project status communication with developer as well as status reporting on a regular frequency to ensure alignment on developer goals, project scope and schedule compliance.
- Communicates with developer, both internal and external, on needs and issues related to CMMS.
- Data entry and population of CMMS system with Assets, asset properties and spare part allocation.
- Develop and implement workflows in CMMS to meet objectives.
- Configuration and development of reports and KPI dashboards.
- Works with team on continuous improvement initiatives of CMMS.
- Develop and recommend procedures for best practices with use of CMMS.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve internal business processes and workflows to enhance, quality, efficiency and time management.
- Works with team to identify training opportunities along with developing training content and plans for both internal and external.
- Training with specific to best practices and data integrity.
- Implementation of Preventative Maintenance and Compliance Programs
- Responsible for the training of the onsite maintenance planners/coordinators
- Support the creation of new assets and associated hierarchy in CMMS. Includes creating new equipment and importing newly created equipment from FEC (Facility / Engineering / Construction) auditing the existing CMMS hierarchy and resolving discrepancies.
- Create and modify maintenance plans for new and existing assets in CMMS. Includes coordinating with Reliability Engineering and maintenance craft persons for subject matter expertise.
- Participate in asset criticality assessments, Failure, cause and repair, and Effects Analyses (FMEA’s), Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA’s), critical spares identification, and other group activities as required.
- Drive continual improvement and support department initiatives as required.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of engineering drawings and documents including P&ID’s, C&A, etc.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of pressure equipment, rotating equipment, electrical equipment
- Experience with building a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) e.g. SAP, Maximo - 5 years
- 2+ years of technical training experience.
- 2+ years Project Management Experience
- Previous Maintenance Management or technical experience.
- Previous experience with CMMS system building is a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related maintenance experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry - 5 years
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office
skills and Abilities
- Excellent leadership and man management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware
- Ability to conduct training on CMMS systems.
Qualifications and Experience Levels
- Relevant Oil & Gas /engineering degree and 10 years’ experience in senior maintenance roles is preferred, or minimum 20 years’ experience with at least 10 in a senior maintenance role
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven man management experience
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ instrument discipline
- Proven Team Player
- Demonstrable and broad technical capability and understanding which encompasses all Maintenance related disciplines.
- Experience of managing Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
- Understanding of Oil & Gas and procurement/supply chain
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience of transitioning from a spreadsheet-based maintenance system to a CMMS including systems review, data input and optimisation of maintenance activities based on RCM.
- Proficient in Building, Customising, and operating a CMMS.
- Experienced in working in a multi-cultural and multi-religious environment preferably in the ME
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process