MSELECT is looking to hire a E&I Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum 10-years’ experience in the above at a hydrocarbon facility and be fluent in English.
To provide a high degree of Electrical and Instrument maintenance knowledge to the maintenance teams at all company facilities, in
keeping with Standard Operating Procedures, HSE values, and local regulatory compliance. The I&E Superintendent shall ensure the
availability of electrical and instrument equipment by technical inspections and high-quality repairs through application of oil and gas
industry best practices. The I&E Superintendent shall report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Direct all Electrical and Instrument maintenance activities at company sites;
- Lead a team of skilled technicians and act as interface between management and technical team;
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaise closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change, and cost control.
- Ensure that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits to Work, Task Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks).
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), and Integrity (risk based) maintenance;
- To develop and maintain Electrical and Instrument technical standards and procedures as required.
- Technical qualification or Electrical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 10-years’ experience in the above at a hydrocarbon facility.
- Conversant with PLC or ICSS control systems, telecommunication equipment including fibre optic technology, power generation, electrical switch gear, power monitoring systems etc.
- Field experience with the maintenance and operation (monitoring, switching, isolation and earthing) of electrical distribution systems and equipment, including:
o Electrical protection relays;
o Electrical Monitoring and Control Systems;
o HV & LV switchgear and circuit breakers;
o HV/LV motors (including Ex-rated), workshop repair, and bearing change.
- Field experience with the maintenance and operation of modern instrumentation
- Fully conversant with SMART instruments, PLC, ICSS, DCS, etc.;
- Practical experience with loop testing, fault finding in control systems, etc.
- Capable of training and mentoring staff in Electrical and Instrument maintenance practices.
- Capable of understanding documents in English language.
Personal Qualities & Behavior
- Effective and supportive team member.
- Capable of clear communication between team members.
- Verbal and written understanding of English.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process