MSELECT is looking to hire an ESP Data Scientist for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Data Engineering or Data Science. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- ESP Squad
The Data Scientist (DS) will be a major contributor to every stage of the ESP Squad value chain and has the potential to make a significant impact on how efficiently & effectively the Squad operates. Data engineering is key for the Squad and the bedrock to understanding patterns and developing data-driven solutions.
Reporting to the Subsurface ESP Team Leader (SSESPTL), this role will support the SSESPTL to shine a light on ways to improve the ESP squad business performance, present findings to inform high-level decisions in a broad range of application domains and making ground-breaking decisions continuously and rapidly.
The role is integral and an exciting opportunity to play a central part in the transformation of the oil field to safely, reliably, and cost efficiently operation.
The role encompasses two aspects:
Data Engineering – DB admin, System Implementation & Data Storage
- Data Base administration: Includes FMD -routine data loading, cleaning, and QC all data loaded
- Update FMD attributes & Liaise on FMD enhancements with ITC
- Data Integration, Cutting, Manipulation & Capture
Data Science – Intuitively control, explore data modelling, Statistics and Information science.
Platform for Information visualisation & communication to drive business value
- Schlumberger OFM
- Any approved platform for Data Information science
- Bachelor’s degree in any Sciences or Engineering with understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry
- The position requires experience on Data Engineering or Data Science, or equivalent experience through a Bachelor’s degree in an allied field.
- Definite Experience with FMD/OFM/PI-OSI/SQL/PowerBI/Python.
- In depth knowledge of data concepts, standards, practices, tools, and technologies. Good understanding of a full field life cycle management.
- The ESP Squad is an energetic, fast moving, and agile team with a strong sense of purpose to transform ESP performance. You must be excited by challenging the norm, enjoying uncertainty, being curious, constantly improving ways of working and delivering value and products every day.
- 5 days on / 2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.