MSELECT is looking to hire a Buyer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in same position. Kurdish, English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Supply Chain Manager
- Other Project/Client Departments
Perform all routine and non-routine procurement duties in contribution to SCM support to company-wide end-users.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Preparing formal RFQ documents for items international and local sourcing of goods and equipment.
- Implements, advises and monitors compliance by end-users of Procurement Procedures.
- Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering market information.
- Ensures timely data entry in “Acquire” and future EAM after ERP go-live
- Processes financial data and documents (e.g. bids, incoming purchase requisitions, mail, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information and/or acquiring resources to support purchasing operation in compliance with established guidelines.
- Processes requisitions into approved purchase orders for the purpose of updating and distributing information and/or acquiring resources in compliance with established guidelines.
- Trouble-shoots PO process (internally and externally) to conform with schedule requirements.
- Reviews documents and data (e.g. incoming requisitions, past purchases, reconciliations, inventories, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchasing process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Certificate of secondary education
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Min. 5 years previous experience of such a position preferably in the oil industry.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications.
- Possess excellent written and communication skills.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process