MSELECT is looking to hire a HR Business Analyst for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in related areas and be fluent in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
- All employees and contractors
- Service Providers/Suppliers
- HR support services
- Social Security offices
- Tax Offices
- HR Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for providing accurate, high quality and timely HR metrics and analysis including responsibility for company BambooHR management; payroll and social security management; HR liaison with Finance function; lead role in budgeting and reforecasting people-related costs and comparisons between actual and budget; salary and benefits benchmarking and other HR activities ensuring efficient and effective reporting and record-keeping.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Collect, compile; analyze and report HR data and statistics from a variety of sources including the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and other outputs and surveys.
- Manage the company payroll, social security, and income tax processes and liaise with Finance for audit and allocation purposes and to process accurate and timely payroll. [Work closely with Finance to ensure timely and accurate time writing.], as well as visiting Social Security Offices to ensure accurate data and payments provided.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the HR system for company ensuring accurate input and reporting of employee data. Participate in future updates to the HR system.
- Develop and provide reporting capability for resource budgeting and reporting in line with business requirements, providing accurate data for decision making and budgeting.
- Support the review of HR policies and practices to ensure compliance with MNR and other areas of government legislation.
- Support the delivery of the HR projects working with key stakeholders within the business.
- Support the accurate benchmarking of local staff salaries and benefits.
- Keep track of invoice payments against HR budget and ensure prompt payment.
- Proactively track HR’s actual cost performance vs budget.
- Provide HR administrative support as required.
- Provide weekly report on all HR activities to the HR Manager.
- Ensure strict confidentiality and highest ethical standards are maintained at all times
- Understand and adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
- Act as member of the HR Crisis Management Team
- Perform other tasks as required.
- College degree in related discipline.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related areas as classified in job profile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills including expert user of Microsoft Office, Excel, SharePoint and HR systems.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of legislative/regulatory requirements and employment law
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and organized.
- High level of tact and discretion to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to work under time pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines
- Confident approach with excellent team-work skills
- High level of safety awareness.
- Flexibility and willingness to support others in the Company if required
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process