MSELECT is looking to hire a Director of Education for an educational centre for children in Erbil, Iraq.
The selected candidate should manage the day-to-day organisation of the daycare centre and ensure high standards of care, education, safety and well-being of children, their families and the day-care staff in line with the centre's set strategy and overall objectives
- Prepare the long, medium and short term curriculum plans for the early years setting and obtain approval from the center’s HQ (Head Quarters)
- Ensures that effective and appropriate educational programs are delivered to all students and are implemented by all teachers
- Establishes and maintains clear, consistent educational methodologies of implementation in line with the center approach
- Considers the implementation of various measures to assess the achievement of each child
- Work together with head teachers, coordinator, and external advisors in implementing the approved curriculum plans
- Maintain all records of children in line with the center’s requirements
- Encourage the active participation of all parents in the activities of the daycare
- Organize and facilitate termly progress meetings with parents in line with the center’s reporting system
- Ensure that the center’s policies and procedures are implemented in the daycare center
- Manage the relationship with the parents and their expectations in line with the center’s policies and procedures
- Answer and attend to parents requests and inquiries
- Ensure that all quality standards are followed
Organizational & Management Skills
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills that result in compliance with all legal, and Board mandates and timelines
- Ensure the adequate recruitment, evaluation and retention strategies, namely:
- Perform recruitment and selection process in line with the center’s position requirements
- Facilitate regular staff meetings and curriculum planning meetings
- Offer support, advice, supervision and direction to all staff members
- Ensures effective systems are in place for the selection, supervision, development and performance review of all staff and carry out regular appraisal of staff performance
- Implement retention and motivational programs
- Organize special events for marketing the facility in line with the center’s marketing strategies and plan
- Conduct ongoing outreach to the targeted community, including guest workshops, and participating at relevant events and appropriate activities
- Facilitate partnerships with appropriate public and private agencies that provide services to students and families to broaden the impact and reach of the centre.
- Participate on local and committees or meetings related to after school programs, as necessary
- The objective of the marketing is to create awareness about the center in the local community and recruitment of students in line with the approved budget
- Manage the daycare budget, maintain income and expenditures account, carry out banking duties, keep petty cash record, provide a monthly budget update to the Board, and compile end-of-year accounts to coordinate with the center’s HQ
- Order equipment and supplies when necessary, following the necessary approval
- Ensure the daycare is adequately insured and all safety equipment is maintained and regularly services (including fire equipment, first aid resources)
- Provides leadership for the development and review of a multi-year strategic plan, in accordance with the Board Policy
- Ensures appropriate involvement of the board (approval of process and timelines, establishment of board priorities and outcomes, key results and final board approval).
- Reports regularly on results achieved and district improvement plans.
- Female candidates are accepted
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Teaching diploma is a plus
- Child friendly person with 6+ years of experience in pre-school/daycare center either as assistant director or director
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.