MSELECT is looking to hire an Area Scheduler for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Planner. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Area Scheduler reports directly to the Lead Area Scheduler. The incumbent will support the team in the Integrated activities Scheduling for operations in the field.
- Contribute to the Integrated Activity Scheduling process, building from the annual AWPB. Subsequent maintenance and development of the schedule on a weekly/monthly basis as required or major change identified.
- Analyzing deviations between baseline plan and forecast and propose solutions.
- Develop baseline progress curve and monitor actual and forecast progress.
- Coordinate between project team, wells team and maintenance team to minimize execution impact to operations and assist in maximizing production.
- Participate in the weekly schedule review meetings, plus others as required and drive out issues through effective control and follow up of actionable items
- Support with the daily control of field movements within the Operations department, liaising with Security Operations as required in clearing sensitive field visits/tasks.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Planner
- Strong English language skills.
- Qualification of using scheduling software tools
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineer or a technically related subject is desired or analogous discipline (Scientific).
- International experience, preferred Middle East onshore
- Strong team player
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.