- Works collaboratively with the department managers and supervisors in preparation of financial information, analysis and undertaking various tasks for the completion of budgeting and forecasting process.
- Works closely with the project services department and department managers in raising AFEs (Authorization for Expenditure)/Supplementary AFEs, whilst strongly appraising justification for funds and expenditure phasing.
- Responsible for the timely completion of month end close activities that includes raising accruals with high level of accuracy and clear descriptions, reviewing and justifying time writing, reviewing expenditure including accruals and time writing, and providing commentary in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly department reporting that includes undertaking in-depth expenditure analysis and providing meaningful variance commentary to explain direct costs, indirect costs and time writing, comparing against budget and forecast amounts.
- Demonstrate proactiveness when participating in various meetings with the Department Managers and Supervisors, providing valuable financial information in helping them make more informed decisions.
- On daily basis, ensure timely processing invoices/PRs/Call-Offs/Service Agreements and responds to internal and external queries.
- Undertakes periodic AFEs analysis and ensure timely AFE close outs.
- Provide timely responses to Audit requests, including updating information requests (IR)
- Log for information supplied to the Auditors.
- Provide required support in the ERP implementation project such as participating in relevant system testing, preparing, and reviewing data etc.
- Perform back up function for other colleagues, undertaking other duties as required, including undertaking job rotation to other functions as and when required.
- Undertake other work responsibilities and special projects as required.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Experienced in preparation of financial information, budgets, forecasts, expenditure reports and variance analysis.
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills including well experienced in utilizing ERP/Accounting Systems.
- Ability to train and mentor other Local staff.
- Works with minimal supervision with the ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient attitude to deal effectively with work demands.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.