MSELECT is looking to hire a Plant Manager for one of the Industrial Clients in Al Muthana Province in Iraq. The Plant Manager is tasked with directing and managing all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities. Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Manage the operations and maintenance staff to ensure timely production and distribution of products within quality standards, high uniformity, and optimum production costs.
- Responsible for the development and execution of annual operating plans.
- Oversees the development and supervises the execution of Capital Expenditure plans
- Reviews cost reports to locate excessive expenses and takes necessary corrective action.
- Prepare short and long range development plans
- Establish goals that reflect continuous improvement in plant operations
- Assure environmental compliance and clean plant operations
- Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth; provide motivation and career enhancement for all employees
- Review requests and make decisions regarding the purchase of new equipment and supplies
- Develop and manage the annual operating budget and responsible for overall P&L
- Participate directly in labor relations, including grievance handling; member of the contract negotiating team
- Work cross functionally with safety, environmental, sales, QC, labor relations, HR and other inter-company support departments to accomplish important business objectives P&L
- Conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for salary increases
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Electrical Engineering with strong experience in retail commercial business industry sales and marketing area) and possess knowledge in concrete, cement and other related construction materials technology.
- Experience in cement industry is a must with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
- Complete understanding of the cement manufacturing process.
- Experience with the latest cement production technology.
- Strong knowledge of modern maintenance technology and methods
- Possess a general knowledge of construction and A&C products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to optimize production costs
- Excellent sales/customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Knowledge of the industry, marketing, quality products and customers service skills (dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers)
- Strong analytical and decision making in a timely manner
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team to continuously improve plant operation
- Good understanding of safety and environmental regulations