MSELECT is looking to hire a General Accounting Analyst for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years experience in general accounting & reporting. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Primarily required to provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager on a day to day operations & supervise and manage the withholding tax activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirement for tax, cost recovery
- Prepare the cost recovery invoice on monthly basis
- Manage the WHT process for local and international and ensure compliance with the tax requirement
- Prepare & assist in the month-end closing reports & processes
- Work closely with the inventory accountant and make sure the process is efficient
- Perform first review of account reconciliations
- Book withholding tax payment
- Estimate tax payments for cash call
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager in providing information for audits
- Liaise with the Financial Reporting Manager and Tax advisor for tax advice
- Assist tax advisor in CGT requests.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager in replying to ad-hoc requests from Basra Oil Company
- Perform key reconciliation of WHT tax accounts
- Maintain proper back-up documentation within shared drives.
- Coach and develop the tax accountant
Criteria & Qualifications
- Finance professional with 7+ years including experience with general accounting & reporting.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Competence with month-end processes and systems. Experience with Iraq tax laws is beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deliver quality results in a challenging multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible in developing environment.
- Excellent general computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office applications.
- Competence with financial systems. Experience with SUN, Maximo is a plus.
- Skillful in English language, both oral and written. Arabic language skills are a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.