MSELECT is looking to hire a Communication Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8-10 years' experience in all areas of Public Relations and be fluent in English and Arabic
- President Office Manager
- President Office
Communication Supervisor leads all internal and external communications aimed at creating a favorable view of the corporation. This role helps organizations combine its mission, visions and values into cohesive messages and use a variety of tools to influence an extremely diverse set of stakeholders. These stakeholders range from but are not limited to, company staff, contractors, the host government, local communities from concession districts, landowners, partners and the media. By virtue of its multi-pronged activities, the corporate communications team owns all brand-related matters with an agenda to build and strengthen the reputation of the company. A solid reputation assists the business in multiple ways from facilitating smooth operations to fostering strong, effective relationships.
- Formulate and deliver on a clear Communication Strategy agreed and aligned with the business. This is an all-inclusive strategy which overlaps with other accountabilities. Implementing a coherent and consistent Communication plan covers most of the responsibilities mentioned along with sponsorships, donations, designing and production of materials for use at events such as standees, banners, awards etc.
- Develop an integrated communication plan for company linked with the business strategy including defining communication objectives, key messages, audience, channels, milestones etc., to ensure consistency in corporate branding.
- Manage stakeholder engagement for company and build strategic alliances and coalitions with key constituency groups (key political, social, and environmental stakeholders) whose work and missions are aligned with the Company’s priorities, thus ensuring that the Group pursues and nurtures mutually beneficial relationships with respective stakeholders.
- Develop public relations capabilities within the organization by guiding and educating senior leaders required to make public appearances / communication to ensure leaders understand and are comfortable implementing the PR strategy.
- Identify and foster relationships with opinion leaders and officials controlling public policy to ensure that company requirements are fully understood and considered by those bodies, while making key policy decisions.
- Review all press statements, public speeches, communications etc., issued in the name of the Company to ensure their accuracy and consistency with overall company image, branding principles and local etiquette.
- Work effectively with the internal and external public relations agencies, graphic developers and communications teams to ensure that the public relations strategy is being implemented consistently to protect the image of company.
- Own ALL internal and external corporate communication related content and matters. This includes managing content on the company Website, the Intranet, internal staff publications, domestic and international industry and/or general publications and contributions to the head office teams for their publications and other purposes. A part of this accountability is also the monitoring aspect. National and local language media reports are closely monitored for company and industry related content to ensure the Communications Manager keeps a pulse check on the public perception of the business and the wider sector.
Event/ Campaign Management
- Manage the development and implementation of the campaign plan including reviewing the campaign concept and content, managing external and internal media relations, monitoring campaign execution and managing the gift requirements and disbursements to ensure that the campaign/ event is organized and implemented as per the company’s guidelines and within the approved budget.
- Manage arrangements for visits to company ensuring compliance with local laws, company policy and protocols.
- Recommend and facilitate company attendance at nominated local or international exhibitions as per company procedure, including justifying attendance and compiling related budget, overseeing design of exhibition stands, liaising with Government authorities on the preparation of publicity materials.
- Attend social functions organized by, or as representative of company, including functions hosted by Executive Management; oversees all arrangements and related protocols issues for such functions, identifying and extending range of useful contacts. Acts as master of ceremony for all corporate functions and events.
- Manage all management and employee-related social contribution and sponsorship activities, as per annual plan or as requested by management.
CSR Initiatives Management
- Advise the Company’s leadership and regional CSR teams on global best practices with respect to CSR by monitoring and analyzing the strategies, policies and programs of other similarly sized companies in the same sector and advising the management of the strategy for critical priorities in the industry.
- Expand and elevate the Company’s understanding of the expectations of consumers, customers, employees, investors and the broader society with respect to responsible corporate citizenship.
- Work closely with senior leaders, leading the effort to fulfil the commitment to CSR in the design and implementation of the business strategies and operational objectives of the company.
- Interact frequently with the Company’s Executive Leadership Team and other stakeholders, to ensure successful implementation of the CSR activities, monitoring progress and impact and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
Sustainability Reporting and Data Archive
- Oversee preparation of sustainability report for company and ensure accuracy of report in capturing the relevant information.
- Prepare internal and external sustainability communication consistent with company’s brand image and policies.
- Maintaining, with regular updates, an archive of Communication material data – this includes a photo archive documenting key events, facilities and operations, social investment projects, senior team members, stakeholders, staff across the organization ensuring a diverse cross-section of the company is represented across the various disciplines, age groups, levels and locations, visuals. This data covers photographs, videos, and write ups.
- Ensure preparation of reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet the departmental requirements, policies, and standards.
- Working closely with the line manager and at times reporting to the Head of Country on Corporate Communications related subjects – drafting correspondence, speeches, profiles and other editorial material on a need basis.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Executive Leadership Team
- Department Managers
- Employees across company departments and assets
- Asset based CSR personnel
- Government bodies
- Global Marketing Network
- Press and Medi
- Event Management companies
- Professional peers in the industry
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- This is a strategic position responsible to enable the management and shareholders to foresee and meet current and potential challenges and risks to build company image and reputation in the market. Any major decisions are referred to the CFO for his review and approval.
- It plays a key role in analyzing the external market and public policy, analyses its impact and ensure company is ready to manage and deal with any possible risk.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing/Communications/Journalism from an accredited and renowned University
- 8-10 years' experience in all areas of Public Relations in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in Public Relations, Press and Corporate Affairs area
- Demonstrated experience in corporate communications.
- Strong ability to build and manage media relations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a network of PR agencies.
- Good knowledge of managing protocol services.
- Demonstrated ability in international relations and cultural awareness.
- A strong and known reputation within the industry and an extensive external network of key contacts.
- Strong knowledge of public policy.
- Strong influencing skills and knowledge of managing and interacting with senior government officials.
- Basic IT skills and ability to use management information systems.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to empower people at all levels to drive successful strategy implementation.
- The ability to think out of the box with excellent writing skills.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills. Native Arabic speaker will be preferred.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process