MSELECT is looking to hire a Gas Plant Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of practical experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 5 years experience as Production or Start Up Team leader. Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
Overall DutySupervises and co-ordinates with a “hands on” involvement the Gas processing related operations of the Gas plant, gas injection wells and Export gas Pipeline.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensures that the Production activities are conducted in compliance with the applicable HSE procedures (including the Work permit procedure).
- Assesses any Health, Safety or Environmental issues that were flagged by shift reports
- Participates in Tool Box Talks prior to start any activity
- Act as On Scene Commander (OSC) in Incident Management Team (IMT) as per Emergency Response Plan
- Monitors the Process Control, ESD and Fire & Gas detection systems.
- Assesses the status of shift resourcing i.e. competence, capability, and experience to safely manage the operations and respond to Emergency situations
- Assesses By-passed / Overridden / Forced instrumented protective functions, the status of other safeguarding systems and temporary changes to pressure relief systems to validate that mitigations are in place.
- Reviews Operational Risk Assessments / ORD / Non-routine or Exceptional operating procedures are in use
- Ensures associated reporting (log book and daily production report), in particular with respect to inhibition, by-pass setting and removal.
- Initiates and follows-up necessary checks in control room when abnormal situations or deviations appear.
- Ensure both verbal and written communication between shifts is good.
- Reports all abnormal plant events or operational changes to the Gas System Superintendent.
- Facilitates troubleshooting all problems related to the gas plant operation, gas injection and export gas on the facilities, organizes and follows-up corrective actions where needed.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are properly followed.
- Directs – with a hands-on involvement - all production operations, including startups and shutdowns.
- Ensures good preparation of the facilities and equipment for maintenance activities (ensures isolations are set as required in the Permit to Work system).
- Supervises the well tests and pigging operations.
- Suggests possible improvement regarding facilities and procedures to the Gas System Superintendent.
- Prepares all reports related to the facilities under his responsibility and makes sure all logbooks are properly filled.
- Organizes sampling schedules and the Chemical Injection follow up in liaison with the Gas System Superintendent.
- Suggests exceptional laboratory analysis when required, analyses results and initiates corrective actions in case specifications are not met.
- Keeps record of all samples, results and analysis. Presents plotting of significant results and documents in an organized manner to the Gas System Superintendent.
- Maintains records of chemicals, production spares and other miscellaneous materials and is responsible for maintaining stocks, including replenishment.
- Gets actively involved in all kind of commissioning activities of new projects.
- Assists the Gas System Superintendent in the preparation of modifications requests.
- To ensure and maintain a high level of safety and reliability of the Gas processing and Gas injection wells and Export gas pipeline operations.
- Ensure all the works are conducted in compliance with the Permit to Work system.
- Ensure Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS) is followed-up on daily basis
- Meet the operating requirements by addressing the problems in a timely manner.
- Always be available for shutdowns or breakdowns and assist with critical operations.
- Establish practices compatible with policies and procedures on Safety and Environment. Ensure all personnel are aware of and follow these Policies and Procedures.
- Minimum of 15 years practical experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 5 years experience as Production or Start Up Team leader.
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process