MSELECT is hiring a Production Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Kurdish and English.
- Field Manager
Direct report from
- Production Supervisor, Wellhead Supervisor
- Field Manager, Production Supervisor, Wellhead Supervisor, Maintenance Superintendent, Head of Inspections, Head of production Methods, Camp Superintendent, Projects team, Well Intervention Team, HSE Team, Gas injection Team, FSS, Warehouse, Medic
Supervises and co-ordinates with a “hands on” involvement the production related operations of the Wells and CPF facilities, the Export Pipeline and the Metering and Export Facilities. Analyze Well Behavior, Chemical Optimization, follow up with well optimization, generate and summarize production daily reports, IMT operations lead, follow up on ongoing activities and plan for upcoming critical activities
- Monitors the Process Control, ESD and Fire & Gas detection systems.
- Alarm managements and override management
- Ensures associated reporting daily production report, with respect to inhibition, by-pass setting and removal.
- Initiates and follows up necessary checks when abnormal situations or deviations appear on the panel.
- Ensure both verbal and written communication between shifts is good.
- Reports all abnormal plant events or operational changes to the Field Manager.
- Troubleshoots all problems related to the oil production and export on the facilities, organizes and follows-up corrective actions where needed.
- Ensures that operating procedures are properly followed.
- Directs – with a hands-on involvement - all production operations, including startups and shutdowns.
- Ensures good preparation of the facilities and pieces of equipment for maintenance activities (ensures isolations are set as required in the Work Permits).
- Supervises the well tests and pigging operations.
- Suggests possible improvement regarding facilities and procedures to the Field Manger
- Prepares all production reports related to the facilities under his responsibility and makes sure all production logbooks are properly filled.
- Keeps record of all samples, results, and analysis. Presents plotting of significant results and documents in an organized manner to the Field Manger.
- Follow up the Field Manger’s instructions in the preparation of modifications requests.
- To ensure and maintain a high level of safety and reliability of CPF, Wellhead and Export Pipeline operations.
- Ensure all the works are conducted in compliance with the Work Permit procedure.
- Meet the operating requirements by addressing the problems in a timely manner.
- Always be available for shutdowns or breakdowns and assist with critical operations.
- Establish practices compatible with policies and procedures on Safety and Environment. Ensure all personnel are aware of and follow these Policies and Procedures.
- Co-ordinate with Well services team for work over and well interventions
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering with Min 10 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in a similar position.
- Strong working knowledge and Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication, Fluent spoken and written English Kurdish
- Proven commitment and HSE compliance.
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Enthusiastic and Flexible
- Ability to work in team
- Effective communication
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process