MSELECT is looking to hire a Field Manager for an international oil and gas field in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Kurdish and English.
- Operations Manager
Direct report from
- Production Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent, Site Superintendent, FSS, Field Medic, Projects, HSE, Camp Superintendent
- Manages, supervises and coordinates the Fields and Metering Station operations (Production, Maintenance, HSE, Camp and Logistics) in accordance with Company’s policies and objectives.
- Promotes the image of the Company on the occasion of VIP’s visits and develops good and fruitful relationships with local authorities and communities
- IMT leader
- Ensures that the Production, Maintenance and Logistics activities are conducted in compliance with the applicable HSE procedures, including the Work Permit procedure.
- Acts as the permanent Company representative and is fully responsible for all decisions affecting the Health, Safety and Security of all personnel on site. He has authority to stop operations, construction, or any other activity that may jeopardize the safety or security of the personnel and installations.
- Leads the Incident Management Team (IMT) as per Emergency Response Plan.
- Directs and supervises the Field and Metering Station operations in an efficient and safe manner in order to maximize the daily crude production.
- Initiates troubleshooting of all various arising problems related to production, maintenance, exports and arbitrates as necessary between different parties/ trades to pursue efficient operations.
- Promotes accurate reporting and feedback, involves and motivates all personnel on Anomalies, Near misses and Incident reporting.
- Ensures site coordination with the Iraq/Turkey export pipeline operating authorities within the frame of the guidelines and procedures approved by management.
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement, development and updating of all the Safety and Operating Procedures.
- Discusses and sets-up the annual objectives with his subordinates, monitors their performances on a regular basis. Performs the personnel periodic appraisals setting-up new objectives.
- Proposes, promotes and follows-up the required actions for personnel training.
- Ensures optimum use of all available facilities and means to promote and maximize environmental protection, to minimize the consequences linked to any possible incident or accident as per Company guidelines.
- Provides necessary input to the functional services for the elaboration of the annual budget.
- Ensures the readiness and implementation of the site Emergency Procedures.
- Ensures that security measures are enforced and controls personally the integrity of the security systems.
- Gets actively involved and acts as Company Representative in the Construction and Commissioning activities.
- Co-ordinates with drilling to facilitate their day to day operations.
- May be involved in socio-eco activities upon management request.
- To guarantee high Health, Safety, Security and Environment standard of the personnel according to Company’s procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure and maintain a high level of safety and reliability of the Wells, CPF and Metering Station operations in order to optimize financial incomes and results.
- To promote a good image of the Company by maintaining high team spirit among site personnel and good relationship with local authorities and communities.
- To ensure the implementation of the onsite training and the development of the personnel.
- To ensure that the Housekeeping of the Wellhead Platforms, the CPF facilities, the Service Tracks, the Right of Ways and the field Metering station facilities meets Company standards.
- To promote “Deliverability Consciousness” on site.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering with Min 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in a similar position.
- Strong working knowledge and Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication, Fluent spoken and written English and Kurdish
- Proven commitment and HSE compliance.
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Enthusiastic and Flexible
- Ability to work in team
- Effective communication
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process