MSELECT is looking to hire a Directional Driller for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current D&M technology and strategy
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD’s following the equip training program.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements (if applicable).
- Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, and determines the need for additional training in a fair and consistent manner
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced well planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all Incident / accident events on the job, and at the office, in Quest.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports / client’s final product delivery.
- Acts as the D&M – client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client’s well site representative, rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing
- Ensures all D&M reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Technical Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as Directional Driller
- Must be fluent in English, fluency in Kurdish is a must as well
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process