The Electrical Engineer will be part of the POWER PLANT Operations and Maintenance team of engineers and contract specialists responsible for delivering operational and technical support. The team is responsible for ensuring regulatory and company standard compliance, across all departments relative to Electrical discipline activity through close liaison and cooperation with the POWER PLANT and general Operations/Maintenance Teams. The POWER PLANT electrical engineer will directly manage the operation, maintenance, modifications, and reliability of electrical discipline equipment and systems at POWER PLANT and also provide training, development and mentoring to engineers, technicians and operators as necessary.
Other key responsibilities as follows:
- Plant subject matter expert for all Electrical Engineering issues
- Supervise, coach and support the implementation of POWER PLANT Electrical operation and maintenance strategy. Monitor effectiveness and promote continuous improvement wherever possible in support of plant performance and availability targets.
- Supervise, coach and support troubleshooting service for all E&I equipment. Define and implement effective engineering solutions to operations and maintenance problems
- Supervise, coach and support POWER PLANT Ex inspection strategy
- Act as focal point for specialist support contractors including setting key performance indicators. Ensure level of service meets required KPI’s, including safety.
- Act as single point of accountability or provide technical support for all plant modifications involving electrical systems. Ensure the requirements are clearly defined and do not undermine the operational integrity of existing plant equipment or systems.
- Act as, or delegate if practicable, electrical commissioning authority for all plant mods.
- Develop and manage POWER PLANT electrical authorization process.
- Supervise, coach and support the training and development of Iraqi nationals
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Participates and adheres to plant safety (in order to maintain and injury-free environment), Operations and Administrative Programs and Procedures;
- Understands and support the ERP Procedures;
- Actively participates in the Job Hazard Analysis and ensures he/she complies with all Safety Procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses;
- Participates in equipment and site clean-up on an ongoing basis;
- Responsible for upholding the administration and implementation of the site’s CoW process and procedures
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of either (10) years of related engineering experience to include design, commissioning, operations and maintenance of HV electrical equipment on similar power plants and facilities.
- Experience implementing plant modifications to improve reliability, safety and increased production.
- Registered Professional Engineer or equivalent with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Experience as senior authorised person responsible for the safe operation of HV systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preferably experience in design, commissioning, operation and maintenance of HV Power Systems in Oil/Gas or Power Utility Industries.
- Specific experience of 33kV/132kV GIS switchgear, MV/LV switchgear,
- Operation of transformers, high and medium voltage electrical switchgear, SCADA systems and preferably Gas Turbine Generators
- Good understanding of key aspects of operation and maintenance of power plant equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and planning facilitation, and computer skills
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- maintain standards of conduct
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate a dedication to the position
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- be consistent and fair
- Must be proficient in English and Arabic, with the ability to present information in written and verbal formats. The Electrical Engineer must be proficient with computers and capable of generating technical reports when necessary.
- Ability to work routine math concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- All plant employees must work safely at all times. Working at the power plant may require:
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery noises.
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time, crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up to 45kg. of pulling or turning force and lifting and carrying up to 25 kg. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches, pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.