MSELECT is hiring an IT Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of proven experience as an IT&T supervisor, IT and/or Telecom infrastructure engineer in oil and gas industry and be fluent in English.
IT supervisor develops, implements and maintains IT&T infrastructure and services to accomplish the Company’s business needs, which is performed in line with the approved procedures and industry best practices. He is responsible for collecting and analyzing technical requirements to IT&T systems and services, preparing technical specifications and scope of services for contractors, designing, implementing, commissioning and starting up IT&T systems and services, managing the Company’s contractors for design, construction, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s IT&T infrastructure.
List of tasks, actions and processes, which are performed by an employee in this position, and which are within his/her personal responsibility area – without permanent participation of colleagues, immediate supervisor and/or reportees in these processes.
- Supervises and implements the Company Construction Program ensuring that each work-site utilizes the construction rules, practices and policies.
- Carries out the following activities for the Company's projects: planning, staffing, implementing, control,
- Coordinates and supervises the contractors carrying out design, implementation, modernization and maintenance of IT and Telecom infrastructure
- Makes an examination of scope and quality of works performed, services rendered by contractors and their compliance with scope of works, contractual obligations, applicable standards and internal regulations of the Company
- Coordinates construction, installation and commissioning of the IT and Telecom infrastructure.
- Provides technical expertise in a timely manner. About all deviations and violations, identified during construction and installation works and commissioning, he reports to management and provides suggestions for bringing them to compliance with regulations and applicable standards
- Takes part in creation of punch lists, controls and takes part in preparation and implementation of measures to eliminate all identified defects in the IT and Telecom infrastructure.
- Makes audit of punch lists and issues recommendations and detailed plans for their elimination.
- Takes part in commissioning and testing of implemented IT and Telecom systems
- Takes regular control over completeness and timely handover of design, technical and as-built documentation of the IT and Telecom infrastructure.
- Carries out acceptance of equipment and materials, results of works related to design, installation, maintenance and repair of IT and Telecom equipment and systems
- Carries out acceptance of IT and Telecom systems and putting them into operation.
- Determines and formalizes the business requirements to IT and Telecom systems. Analyzes the requirements and provides effective proposals and output.
- Analyzes business requirements, prepares technical requirements and carries out coordination of design, implementation, maintenance, modernization, repair and technical support of IT and
Telecom systems including but not limited to
- Servers' and data storages' infrastructure
- Network (LAN and WAN) infrastructure
- Cyber security system infrastructure
- External communication channels' infrastructure (Microwave, Satellite, Dedicated)
- Fiber-optic cable lines (FOCL), backbone network
- Structured Cable Systems (SCS) of production and enterprise networks
- Engineering infrastructure of server rooms and telecom rooms including power distribution systems and uninterruptible power supply
- Radio communication system infrastructure
- Telephony infrastructure
- Videoconferencing system infrastructure
- Multimedia system infrastructure
- Antenna-mast structures
- Public Address and General Alarm system (PA/GA) and hotline communication system
- Analyzes problems associated with IT and Telecom systems and develops technical solutions to eliminate them.
- Takes part in technical meetings with representatives of other departments, contractors, vendors and manufacturers related to design, implementation, maintenance and modernization of the Company's IT and Telecom infrastructure
- Verifies the IT and Telecom infrastructure for compliance with internal regulations and applicable standards. In case of deviations and violations of the standards' requirements, he prepares proposals on elimination of the violations and deviations and submits them to management for consideration and approval
- Researches the market of modern IT and Telecom technologies. Evaluates the possibilities to implement such modern technologies for Company operations. Prepares proposals and develops plans, schedules, technical requirements and scope of works for modernization of IT and Telecom infrastructure
- Prepares, reviews and approves specifications of equipment and scopes of work for construction of the IT and Telecom infrastructure.
- Prepares scope of works for contractors for installation, configuration, maintenance, repair and dismounting of IT and Telecom systems and equipment
- Takes part in preparation of budget planning.
- Keeps records of available spare parts, equipment and materials in stock for maintenance and emergency repairs
- Prepares proposals for equipment/material procurement demand based on business needs and considering stock balance. Supports the procurement process in the technical part.
- Prepares scopes of works, technical specifications and tender documentation for design, implementation and starting up IT and Telecom systems within procurement and tender procedures.
- Performs expert technical evaluation of proposals within procurement and tender procedures
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date internal regulations: user guides, technical manuals and other documents as per the Company needs. Prepares documents for modernization and operation of IT and Telecom systems
- Prepares and maintains licenses for the equipment and systems which according to regulations by local authorities require certain permits and licenses.
- Performs all other activities related to support of end-users, maintenance and development of IT and Telecom infrastructure.
List of tasks, actions and processes, whereby the responsibility is shared with other employees of the unit and other units, except for immediate supervisors and reportees.
- Ensuring interaction and operational work with departments, company specialists and contracting organizations involved in the project.
- Accomplishment of other organizational measures for the successful implementation of the work program and achievement of the Project objectives and KPIs.
Qualitative impact indicators
Actual volumetric/measurable indicators, characterizing the scope of immediate impact at this position level
- Number of locations of IT and Telecom equipment
- Number of end-users
- Number of active network devices
- Number of network ports
- Number of wireless network connection
- Number of physical/virtual servers
- Number of multifunctional printing devices
- Number of internet service providers
Internal: all structural divisions of the Company.
External: Services and equipment supply contractors.
Regulation of activities
International, state and internal corporate normative acts, standards, provisions, guidelines and rules, with employees need to be governed by in the course of their work.
- Applicable legislation and other regulatory acts, industry standards and rules for industrial safety, labor and environmental protection.
- Professional standards related to IT and Telecom disciplines.
- Corporate HSE standards;
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Orders and orders of the General Director of the Company, his deputies in areas of activity;
- Company executive documents;
- Job description stated herein;
- Regulations, procedures and instructions for the Energy Management System of the Companies, developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001;
- Other internal documents, including local regulatory documents (LND) put into effect in the Company, local regulatory documents of the Company related to self-working responsibility area.
Other job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or a related discipline;
Professional certification e.g. vendor's professional
- Motorola Solutions,
- Schneider Electric
- Project management (PMI PMP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of structures, features and architectures of modern IT and Telecom systems (including but not limited to server infrastructure, network infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, structured cabling systems and other);
- Experience of preparing technical specifications and designing IT&T infrastructure at oil and gas projects;
- Knowledge and experience in budget allocation, preparation of tender documents, drafts of contracts;
- Working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
- Experience of setting up and configuring of IT and Telecom systems;
- Experience of operational support of IT and Telecom systems;
- Knowledge of procedures for making changes to the IT and Telecom systems;
- Experience with complex IT and Telecom systems, which built using equipment from various manufacturers.
- Experience of troubleshooting complex IT and Telecom systems.
- Knowledge and experience of standard principles and methods of the organization of maintenance of IT and Telecom systems;
- Knowledge of vendor best practices related to IT and Telecom systems;
- Knowledge of international standards for design and implementation of IT and Telecom infrastructure;
- HSE competence.
- Proven experience as an IT&T supervisor, IT and/or Telecom infrastructure engineer, IT&T infrastructure design engineer or similar role (at least 5 years), job experience in oil and gas industry is a plus;
- International companies or projects experience in the subject area (at least 3 years) is a plus.
- Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of network protocols;
- Knowledge of operating systems;
- Specialized software for drafting and designing;
- Specialized software for planning and scheduling projects;
- Specialized software for reading and analyzing reports and protocols from measuring equipment;
- Specialized software for monitoring, configuring and operating complex IT and Telecom systems;
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process