MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Area Scheduler for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Planner/Scheduler or 10 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Lead Area Scheduler reports directly To Operations Manager. The role is responsible for the Integrated activities Schedule for operations in the oil field.
- Fully responsible for Integrated Activity Schedule, building from the annual AWPB. Subsequent maintenance and development of the schedule on a weekly/monthly basis as required or major change identified.
- Analyzing deviations between baseline plan and forecast and propose solutions.
- Develop baseline progress curve and monitor actual and forecast progress.
- Coordinate between project team, subsurface team and operation team to minimize execution impact to operations and assist in maximizing production.
- Chair weekly schedule review meetings, plus others as required and drive out issues through effective control and follow up of actionable items.
- Daily control of field movements within the Operations department, liaising with Security Operations as required in clearing sensitive field visits/tasks.
- Mentor and coach others on schedule controls to aid project delivery.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Planner/Scheduler or 10 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry working for International Operating Company.
- Demonstrably strong communication and mentoring skills commensurate with the above job role, proven record of developing junior personnel
- Strong English language skills.
- International experience, preferred Middle East onshore
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment where daily challenges will disrupt planned activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineer or a technically related subject is desired or analogous discipline (Scientific).
- Experienced Primavera P6 user, able to quality control own and others’ plans, and export and analyse plan data for reporting purposes
- Strong team player
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.