- The Power Plant (PP) has been in operation since January 2018 supplying power to the field facilities and the Iraqi national power grid.
- Implemented as part of the organization developments projects, PP has installed power generation capacity of 150MW, supplying electricity to consumers at 132KV.
- The Power Plant comprises of 5 Frame 6 Gas Turbines, fuel gas compressors, a fuel gas conditioning package, and associated electrical infrastructure and utilities, with fuel gas supplied from 2 existing
- Degassing Stations which are also operated by the organization.
- The services of the project EPC contractor were retained on completion of the project EPC phase in 2017 to provide operation and maintenance services under an O and M contract which is envisaged to be in place until the end of 2021. On completion of the contract Operation and Maintenance period operator ship of the plant will transfer to an Iraqi national organization which is currently undergoing an intensive training and development program.
- The Post Holder, will be the Contract Accountable Manager (CAM) for the O and M contract and will be responsible for the safe and reliable operation and maintenance of PP. In addition, the post holder will be the SPA for managing interfaces with existing facilities, developments projects, and other 3rd parties such as the Iraqi power grid operator, the Ministry of Electricity (MoE)
- Champion and Lead HSSEQ performance, standards and culture.
- Contracts Accountable Manager (CAM) responsible for the performance and delivery of the O and M Contractor in line with agreed KPI’s, ensuring required levels of reliability, availability and integrity are delivered.
- Act as focal point and SPA on the training and development of the Iraqi national Operation and Maintenance team. Manage the transition process from O&M contractor and provide assurance to verify organisational capability prior to handover.
- Coordination and leadership of key stakeholders in the continued development of PP, wider power network and associated infrastructure to optimise the performance of power supplies to the business and business value of the PP facility.
- Champion the development of positive relationships with the various parties involved in the operation, maintenance and development of PP. Demonstrate One Team behaviors.
- An Engineering degree and/or significant proven operational experience demonstrating a strong technical background.
- Demonstrable record and commitment to delivering a strong HSSE performance in operation of Hydrocarbon / Power Generation Plants.
- Proven track record of delivery in the operation and maintenance of power generation facilities, preferably in remote locations.
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers in operations or projects
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills.
- Team player with ability to bringing alignment and a “One Team” culture.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.