MSELECT is looking to hire a Legal Consultant for an international business consultancy firm in Baghdad. The successful candidate must have a practical experience of 3-5 years in the same role with international clients, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Perform as a dedicated Iraqi legal consultant for client prominent international clients dealing with international
- contracts and Iraqi legal requirements daily.
- Having experience in Iraqi commercial law matters, reviewing/analyzing and drafting commercial contracts.
- Must have excellent communication skills all around in English; must be fluent in English and Arabic; (fluency in
- Kurdish is a plus).
- Loyalty is required, have a good demeanor and be willing to engage Iraqi government officials and international
- companies with impeccable courtesy and professionalism, former law firm.
- Strategically counsel clients and potential clients on legal matters
- Identify legal or contractual issues and develop new approaches to resolve complex issues
- Provide legal advice to senior management regarding various corporate and business matters
- Remain current on federal and state laws, regulations, and practices affecting the company business
- Preparing all documents required to file cases, including briefs and other court documents
- Researching legal concepts, case law, judicial opinions, statutes and regulations
- Providing proper legal citation and statutory interpretation
- Maintaining accurate case files, notes and reports
- Negotiating cases to meet the needs of the firm and the client
- Making sure all parties are carrying out their court order sentence and paying the necessary fines
- Writing legal documents such as contracts, lawsuits, deeds, wills and appeals
- Bachelor degree or Master of Laws from Iraqi law school, international study is plus.
- Member in good standing of the Iraqi Bar Association.
- International experience is very recommended.
- Proficient in working effectively in a fast-paced environment while making multiple tasks at a time.
- Time management and task prioritization.
- Computer skills
- Skilled in data entry and data processing.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially Word
- Expert in maintaining productive written correspondence with Clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven collaborative skills to facilitate teamwork.
- Proficient In the study of the company affairs and customers.
- Strength of performance in giving legal opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to build report quickly.
- Customer oriented attitude towards work with profound ability to interact effectively with others.
- Analytical skills
- Good attention to detail with ability to develop time-lined deliverables.
- Proven ability to comprehend and follow instructions accurately.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.