MSELECT is looking to hire an Education Facilitator for an international organization in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah. Candidates must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/ programme management, monitoring and reporting. Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must.
Scope of Work
Facilitators are expected to carry out a range of duties, as outlined below, to support organization’s work in monitoring Education projects and programmes in areas that are not accessible to organization staff. Facilitators are identified among Iraqi citizens with specific experience and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
Covering all EFO coverage areas with construction and renovation works (Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, Kirkuk, Ninawa (South Mosul), and North Diyala.
- Undertakes regular situation monitoring in specific areas based on specific requests, to assess the overall situation and any unmet needs in particular of women and children in these areas
- Preparing BoQ for the construction and rehabilitation of the organization’s projects in areas under EFO
- Undertakes regular field visits to monitor Education projects/programmes. Field monitoring will focus on:
- ensuring compliance of the contractor with the signed contract/ BoQ
- Ensuring daily monitoring of the physical implementation of the construction projects and preparing weekly progress reports
- Coordination with the contractors, the implementing partners and local authorities to facilitate the handover and takeover processes
- Assessing Education project/ programme implementation according to the workplan with government, PCA (Programme Cooperation Agreement) or SSFA (Small-Scale Funding Agreement), or corporate and service contracts including monitoring Education activities in and out of camps.
- Verification of Education projects supplies delivered and works undertaken, including reported progress any delays and bottlenecks.
- Post-distribution monitoring of Education supplies to assess the beneficiaries’ views in terms of quality, timeliness and relevance of supplies delivered.
- Monitoring the overall performance of Education project/ programme implementation including the monitoring Education activities in and out of camps.
- Reporting any actual or potential deviation from implementation plans through a report following the required format, and at a frequency guided by the duration of the project.
- Verifies and validates data in progress reports prepared by implementing partners
- Performs due diligence for new partners as guided by supervisor, including filling out all required Iraq due diligence forms
- Communicates, coordinates and manages relationships with implementing partners and authorities and related government offices, in consultation with the respective Chief of Field Office or his/her delegate.
- Assists with winterisation and other emergency activities as requested by supervisor, and in close collaboration with Emergency Officer(s)
- Any other programme specific related task assigned by supervisor
- Immediately following any field visit, the facilitator produces a field trip report according to a standard format and submits the report to his/her supervisor, and if requested, the facilitator also provides immediate update to his/her supervisor by phone/email
- University degree in Civil Engineering/ Water resources Engineering/ Sanitary and Environmental Engineering/ Public health/Education.
- At least three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme management, monitoring and reporting.
- At least one-year experience in monitoring/ supervising education and Water and Sanitation and Hygiene promotion projects.
- Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
- Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
- Experience working with UN or NGO programmes/projects is an asset.
- Fluency both verbal and written in English, Arabic and Kurdish is an asset. Local language of the area where the Facilitator is to be deployed is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
- Good report writing skills.
- Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
- Good computer skills, including experience with various software application
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process