MSELECT is looking to hire an Upper Completion Manager for an international oil operator in Erbil, Minimum 20 years of experience in Completions with a minimum of 7 years in leadership or managerial role, fluency in English is a must.
The Upper Completion Manager is responsible for safe and efficient execution of upper completion programs including scheduling, budgeting, execution, and end-of-job evaluation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment, by adhering to:
- Local Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations.
- Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy, and applying Safety Management Systems.
- Review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for completions projects and update as required.
- Maintain an overview of all non-conformances, which have arisen with regard to specific operations.
- Investigate and report on-site incidents and non-conformances where assigned.
- Participate in regular well service and stimulation unit inspections with contractor and act on the results of these.
- Ensure QA/QC commitments from services companies are applied.
- Perform QHSE audit of service companies in accordance to the company rules.
- Forecasts and plans project activities.
- Assists in preparation and review of operational programs.
- Design and review the completion program.
- Controls daily activity, assesses and reports physical progress and performance against plan.
- Delegates responsibility and follows up on execution of tasks.
- Ensures compliance with Contractor Management Standard for all subcontractors, monitors third party supplier performance including HSSE and service quality reviews.
- Prepares Scopes of Works for and contributes to services and equipment tenders/ contracting.
- Coordinates with service companies for the timely provision of equipment and services.
- Monitors and reviews inventory levels and requirements. Ensure equipment certification is in place as required.
- Review the AFE estimates with consideration to cost controls. And ensure contracts operating within ACV limits.
- Maintain the data base for each well and field.
- Work closely with reservoir engineer to optimize the performance of the well with the ESP.
- Manage the execution of the new product development project of the next generation ESP.
- Assists with monitoring, trouble shooting and testing downhole ESP equipment in order to maximize well productivity and ESP run life.
- Trouble shoot and rectify the issues with ESP surface and downhole systems.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive and onsite support to completion operations in accordance to the company rules.
- Manage actively completions contracts where assigned as Contract Holder.
- Ensure accurate inventory and the timely procurement of completions materials.
- Provide adequate technical directions and managerial support for in-progress operations related to all completions.
- Review the completion risks and risk management.
- Perform technical audit in services companies as and when required.
- Maintain an effective relationship with completion design and implementation specialists.
- Review all job/service tickets concerning completion activity and verify they are in compliance with contractual requirements and quote proposals.
- Daily operation meeting and communication with field team.
- Check Daily Reports during all completion operations (DWR) before sending to management list.
- Confirm Daily Cost Tracker during all completion operations (DCR).
- Review the Management of Change (MOC) process when required and communicates the issue to the WS manager and support team in Dubai.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 20 years of experience in Completions with a minimum of 7 years in leadership or managerial role.
- Good understanding of ESPs and machine design (ie: design, validation, operation, sustaining, or manufacturing of ESPs).
- Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations.
- Demonstrates commitment to HSSE policy and statement and knows and understands expectations as detailed in the HSSE Management System.
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills e.g. operational reporting, high visibility, working relationships.
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
- Applies sound judgement in decision making – communicates with the WS Manager in relation to unplanned/non-routine activities.
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others.
The role reports to Well Services Operations Manager, and will be based in Erbil, Kurdistan. The role will be rotation 28 days on / 28 days off with 12 months fixed term contract duration.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.