MSELECT is looking to hire a Programme Facilitator for an international organization in Sulaymaniyah. Candidates must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/ programme management, monitoring and reporting. Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish and English is a must.
Scope of Work
Facilitators are expected to carry out a range of duties, as outlined below, to support organization’s work in monitoring WASH projects and programmes in areas that are not accessible to staff. Facilitators are identified among Iraqi citizens with specific experience and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
Key ResponsibilitiesUnder supervision of WASH Specialist and WASH officers, The Facilitator will do :
- Undertakes daily field visits to monitor (WASH) projects/programmes. Field monitoring will focus on:
- Close coordination with relevant government directorates to facilitate/ accelerate obtaining the required documents/official letters on time.
- Conduct technical site visits to the potential project locations in the returnees’ area, verify the need on ground and ensure that the need is reflected in the BoQs properly by the relevant directorates.
- Verification of the technical specifications and requirement for the BoQs with the relevant directorates,
- Conducting daily site visits to the projects site to monitor and evaluate the implementation according to the PCA (Programme Cooperation Agreement) or SSFA (Small-Scale Funding Agreement), or corporate and service contracts (construction works for water and sanitation projects, water trucking, water quality monitoring, garbage collection, desludging, etc.).
- Coordination with Mayor office to follow up closely on the utilization plan for decommissioned assets in the returnee’s area.
- Undertakes regular situation monitoring in specific areas based on specific requests, to assess the overall situation and any unmet needs in particular of women and children in these areas.
- Verification of WASH projects supplies delivered and works undertaken, including reported progress any delays and bottlenecks.
- Post-distribution monitoring of WASH supplies to assess the beneficiaries’ views in terms of quality, timeliness and relevance of supplies delivered.
- Reporting any actual or potential deviation from implementation plans through a report following the required format, and at a frequency guided by the duration of the project.
- Verifies and validates data in progress reports prepared by implementing partners
- Communicates, coordinates and manages relationships, if required with implementing partners and authorities and related government offices, in consultation with the respective Chief of Field Office or his/her delegate.
- Assists with winterization and other emergency activities as requested by supervisor, and in close collaboration with Emergency Officer(s)
- Any other programme specific related task assigned by supervisor
- Immediately following any field visit, the facilitator produces a field trip report according to a standard format and submits the report to his/her supervisor, and if requested, the facilitator also provides immediate update to his/her supervisor by phone/email
- University degree in a field related to the scope of work (Civil Engineering/ Water resources Engineering/ Sanitary and Environmental Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering).
- At least three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- At least two-year experience in Supervising and monitoring Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion projects.
- Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
- Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
- Experience working with UN or NGO programmes/projects is an asset.
- Fluency both verbal and written in English, Arabic and Kurdish is an asset. Local language of the area where the Facilitator is to be deployed is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
- Good report writing skills.
- Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
- Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.