MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Production Technologist/Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in all aspects of oilfield production development and operations, Workovers, Completions, ESP Artificial Lift and be fluent in English.
Subsurface Manager (London)
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation.
- Responsible for Production optimization.
- Constantly working to improve Production operations, proposing production enhancement opportunities and working to reduce capital and operating costs, both through research and adoption of best in class methodologies.
- Management and optimization of all downhole well equipment, workovers, and support services including slickline services and contractor support services.
- Responsible to prepare the well Workover and Optimization budgets.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely delivery of Reports on a daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual basis.
- Monitor production trends towards annual targets and goals.
- Point of integration between Subsurface and Operations activities.
- Supervise and mentor staff National Engineers and Technologists.
- The position requires creative thinking and considerable judgement in the solution of complex operational and business problems in frequently changing and diverse situations.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of goals and objectives for the Production Technology Group based on the general goals and objectives for Subsurface and Operations teams.
- Develop and implement the Well and Network Surveillance program, including: Well, ESP, Flowline monitoring and optimization for maximum production.
- Develop maintain, update and report against a Choke model
- Lead a PTL initiative, gather an Opportunity register and propose opportunities.
- Develop and maintain wells risk register and feed into Ops risk register
- Design of procedures to improve and enhance existing programs
- Ensuring production data quality and quantity is optimized for Subsurface and Operations consumption
- Workover and Completion Design, Troubleshooting and Optimization
- Coordinate support services from Contractor companies
- Manage and co-ordinate lab data analysis and data management
- Manage well and workover operations in order to achieve annual targets.
- Oversee the Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting requirements.
- Evaluate and approve production, expense and capital forecasts for the Company’s annual Operating Plan and Budget.
- Accept administrative accountability for the relevant Well Servicing, Testing and ESP Budgets, to achieve budget targets, while ensuring value creation for the Company.
- Regular field visits are required.
- Interface with Third-Party Service & Supply Companies in regard to: Coordinate support services from Contractor companies Service contracts, and in the acquisition of materials and equipment. Contacts are normally senior Company employees.
- Oversee and ensure the proper management and administration of the Production Technology workforce, including direct involvement in the following areas:
- Assessing the appropriate manpower needs and forecasting future requirements
- Recruiting and hiring new staff (Ex-pats and Nationals)
- Managing employee performance by providing regular informal feedback
- Ensure the principles of Performance Management are followed in the Department
- Establishing promotion guidelines and administering these consistently
- Ensuring that the necessary training is made available to all staff
- Providing a positive work environment built on teamwork and mutual respect
- B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline. Professional Engineering membership preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in all aspects of oilfield production development and operations, Workovers, Completions, ESP Artificial Lift.
- International and Field experience.
- This position requires familiarity and expertise in Reservoir and Production Engineering, Field and Plant Operations, and some knowledge of chemical treating and corrosion management techniques.
- Experience in heavy oil production using Artificial Lift, remedial workovers and completions.
- High competency in report writing, presenting, communicating with large groups, and conducting effective meetings.
- Well organized and able to very effectively communicate across multiple offices using phone / skype.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Advanced PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- A sound understanding of business and economic analysis concepts is necessary.
- Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary, multinational and multicultural workforce.
- Ability to manage and work in a remote environment.
- The position demands a mature, team oriented, non-confrontational and diplomatic style of leadership.
- Must have a hands-on, lead-by-example approach.
- Verbal and written understanding of English.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process