MSELECT is looking to hire a Cost Controller for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Department, Section, Group
Cost Controller responsible for recording, reviewing, controlling the cost, scanning and archiving the invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures. Managing hard and soft copy of the invoices and working closely with other cost controller from another department.
- Receiving and reviewing invoices
- Receiving invoices from vendor and recording in the invoice in the cost control data base.
- Check and review invoices (Contract compliance review, timely approval for payment within contract terms and maintain invoice problem.
- Check if the AoA is correct
- Track spent vs contract value for budgeting and not overspend of the contract value.
- collecting the signatures for invoices
- Scanning approved invoices and archiving it in the shared folder
- Sending the scan of approved operation and non-operation invoices
- Updating and maintaining invoice log
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project.
- Inform Controlling Manager once the spend reached to 80% for each contract
- Company practices, processes and expectations with respect to project controls
- Participate in the annual stocktaking for Singcos
- Participate for preparing stocktaking report
- Participate in the physically count for office assets including IT inventory
- Preparing monthly report for cost controlling purpose
- Studies and complies with Company’s LND, implemented in the Entity, Entity’s LND, regulating the employee’s field of activities (within own competency), including those, requiring compliance with currency legislation.
- In case of operational needs – goes on business trips (within and beyond the territory of the Republic of Iraq).
- Immediately notifies his/her immediate superior on any situation, posing a threat to life and health of people.
- In required for business purposes – fulfills other assignments from the Manager (within own competency).
- In the event of incidents – takes action to preserve the working environment and equipment as they were at the time of the incident (if this does not pose a threat to life and health of employees and does not cause the aggravation of situation) and follows the labor and fire safety requirements.
- Observes the Internal Code of Conduct, established within Entity.
- Ensures preservation of commercial and business secrets and other confidential information about Entity’s operations and its customers.
When cost Engineers are out of the office the Cost controller is replacing them for the following functions:
- Manage day to day activities as related to specific cost controlling
- Receiving the operation invoices.
Other job requirements
- B.sc in Finance/Accounting or Business
- Accounting, Finance, Controlling and Documentation
- English and Kurdish
- Min 3 years of relevant experience
- MS Office, experience with ERP systems is a plus
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process