MSELECT is hiring a TL Wellsite Geologist Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 - 10 years working as an Operations Geologist with a range of operators and be fluent in English.
- To work as a Geological Operations Coordinator, managing the day to day sub-surface operations during drilling activity.
- Key tasks shall include but are not limited to: co-ordination of the subsurface team support in the implementation of well plans; efficient gathering/management of well data and information sharing; training/support of local wellsite personnel in good oilfield practice (e.g. core handling, wireline witness and sample description etc.); working closely with subsurface team in London and all stakeholders to produce well operations plans and final well reports; providing input to tender specification and evaluation for various well services; liaising with/managing service providers to optimize performance and cost; develop strong working relationships with the drilling/operations team, MNR and non-operating partners; management of data/information flow from non-operated wells. Reporting will be to the Subsurface Group in London. It is anticipated that up to 20% of the time will be spent in the field on each rotation.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
Provide the principal point of contact between the Erbil based sub-surface and drilling departments and the London team, specific tasks to include;
- Principal point of contact with London based sub-surface team to ensure they are kept fully informed during drilling operations and are aware of any pending decisions requiring their input.
- Principal point of contact with the drilling department to ensure sub-surface objectives are met during drilling operations.
- Responsible for compilation and QC of geological end of well documentation (EOWR).
- Responsible for ensuring that third party contractor reports (e.g. mud logging & wireline logging operations) are provided in a timely fashion and to an acceptable standard on completion of drilling operations.
- QC and/or Compilation of masterlog / composite log.
- Outside of drilling operations – responsible for QC of the geological well prognosis compiled by the Erbil sub-surface team.
- Responsible for mentoring geoscience staff based in Kurdistan and working with them through the objectives listed above.
- Degree in Geoscience or related discipline
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years working as an Operations Geologist with a range of operators
- Advanced English language skills
- Experience with drilling operations in fractured carbonates is essential
- Experience in Kurdistan would be preferable
- Good understanding of drilling operations & solid geoscience background.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Meticulous in compiling digital databases and high degree of quality control.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and shows good initiative in proposing new projects and where necessary challenging current methods and approaches.
- Good team player able to communicate and co-operate with other sub-surface disciplines and other departments.
- Good understanding of all aspects of company operations.
- Ability to write coherent reports and communicate and present results effectively to management.
- Mentoring of junior sub-surface staff in a variety of tasks related to well operations.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process