MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance Operations Team Lead for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10+ years including experience with internal controls and accounting and be fluent in English and Arabic.
Responsible for leading the finance operations activities in accordance with the company processes & procedures to ensure accurate booking and full cost recovery. Supervise the local staff to ensure their work is completed accurately and efficiently. Also provide assistance to the local staff development in order to improve the level of overall performance and delivery.
- Manage resources across Accounts Payable and Treasury including co-ordination of invoice workflow for all the company International and Local suppliers.
- Performing final invoice level review by applying Key Control checks before the final workflow approval in Financial Systems (Maximo / Filenet /Sun).
- Proper execution and submission of payment runs and accurate payment allocations to vendors.
- Posting journal entries after reviewing /ensuring proper supporting documents exist.
- Manage all key management reporting including monthly KPI data, Vendor and Bank reconciliations.
- Manage audit co-ordination with the company internal controls Manager for Government (state partner) cost recovery & statutory audits (international auditor).
- Co-ordinate any system Issues across the team, working with IT team / Procurement and Supply Chain Team / the bank to get resolution of the issue.
- Ensure compliance of company accounting policies, procedures, and the local Iraqi Tax regulations.
- Timely Payments to vendors are in accordance with the company contractual Obligations in order to maintain the company reputation with suppliers.
- Lead the month end close process for Accounts Payable & Treasury.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Finance professional with 10+ years including experience with internal controls and accounting.
- Ability to manage a large team independently in order achieve the desired objectives.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Competence with payment processes and systems. Experience with banking system beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deliver quality results in a challenging multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible in developing environment.
- Excellent general computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office applications.
- Competence with financial systems. Experience with SUN, Maximo.
- Skillful in English language, both oral and written. Arabic language skills are a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process